Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
dunno, but at a guess I'd say either the southern alps, or the "gorges du tarn" judging by the colour of the rocks.

never bin there though so that's pure conjecture. I'll ask on a froggy forum...

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much,need to save that cause i really would like to go there:cool::cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Definitely on my list of places to go:
Gorges to Daluis

It looks like there are loads of good roads around there, and it's right next to the Route Napoleon too (N85)!
:blob5:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Thank you very much,need to save that cause i really would like to go there:cool::cool:
It's just north-west of Gorges du Verdon and south of Barcelonette in SW France.

I rode through Gorges du Daluis with Fewtrees after the Stella a couple of years back. Absolutely stunning scenery - red sandstone canyon walls - and hardly any traffic on the roads, I think there might have been a few seconds of footage of Daluis in the video we made. I liked it better than Verdon.

Anyway, there's stacks of gorges down there LV, and they're a 'must do' :thumbright:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
so many places so little time :D

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
I can certainly vouch for the south of France, some amazing roads down there!

Try riding along mediterranean coast, then go up before Nice, pass the French/Italian border at Isola (amazing road), and keep close to the border. Go back across the border at Chianale, up through France to Briancon, pass FR/IT border again by Montgenevre, crossing into France again by Novalesa and riding up to Val D'Isere...

Amazing!

JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts