"Everybody" uses Go-Pro cameras, these ones are cooler, and about the same money.
Besides, there is an App you can download to your smartphone and with that and the Parrot Drone you could guide smart misiles.
Could be usefull taking out that speedcamera that's been bothering you for so long.
Lots of negative reviews on Amazon, specially of customer service from the makers.
Even the positive reviews contains these negatives:
1. Stock battery life is very short (6-8 min) after a 90+ min charge Extra battery recommendation: This 1300mAh battery and charger will give you 15-20 min worth of flight time and requires <1hour to charge. Items can be found on amazon.com. Bastens LiPo battery upgrade for the Parrot AR.Drone. Fast LiPo Battery Balance Charger - 40 Watt - 4.5 Amp - 1 2 3 or 4 cell batteries
2. Bottom camera resolution is pretty awful (Draw a picture with a crayon, that is the resolution of the bottom camera).
3. I agree with the other reviewer that the angle of the front facing camera should point down a bit more. I find myself having to compensate for the lack of downward angle by increasing the speed of the device or flying way back (neither of which work in every setting). Having a little allen wrench adjustment on the lense would be a great feature that you could customize depending on your need.
4. Would like the indoor and outdoor hulls to "clip on" during flight. I use a small piece of Velcro for this currently.
5. Would like the design to protect the gears at the ends of the cross. I crashed into a tree, the motors cut out and the plastic gear hit the pavement which ground down some gear teeth. A slight lip, bumper or cowl that surrounds those external gears might go a long way toward preventing the gear from coming into contact with hard objects.
6. One limitation of the quadcopter design is that you won't be doing tons of aerial acrobatics but that is the nature of this design. Although the double-tap to flip feature is pretty cool!
7. When it says "low battery warning" it means "land that sucker RIGHT NOW", it's a matter of seconds before the auto-cutoff kicks in so don't have it over a lake.
8. Cost. Once you get a device to control the drone, pick up some spare parts, and invest in longer lasting batteries and chargers you can easily invest a large chunk of change. That said any kind of decent RC device that flies is decidedly NOT cheap, you do get what you pay for.
A forum community dedicated to Honda XRV Trail Bike owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all Honda models including Transalp, XR, Varadero, Blackbird, NX400 and more.