Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... Cut to the Chase, Front N/S HT lead broke away and part of it is still embedded on the Spark in the Pot...

Bugger! :?

All I was trying to do was change all the Plugs... Now it appears Ive got remove the NS Rad. etc. :(

So the Question... Anyone know a good 'Fast' reliable source for a quality HT lead or stick with a genuine Honda part?

Yours... P*ssed Off

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Do you mean just the plug cap, if so don't panic. Just pull it off the plug with a pair of angled pliers (shouldn't need to remove any radiator) and screw it back on to the lead. Happens to me sometimes, it's an awkward lead to pull out straight that's all.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEN_POWELL said:
it's an awkward lead to pull out straight that's all.
Yen : Your Dam right there my friend!

No the Plug Cap has sheered in two... With part still attached to the Plug in the pot... (Hence takin the Rad. off, cus I can't get in there to pull it out with the Obtuse angel :?

Not happy, be nice if I could get away with just purchasing a new replacement Plug Cap though...

Online source? Any recommendations for brands etc.?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
mikefletcheruk said:
YEN_POWELL said:
it's an awkward lead to pull out straight that's all.
Yen : Your Dam right there my friend!

No the Plug Cap has sheered in two... With part still attached to the Plug in the pot... (Hence takin the Rad. off, cus I can't get in there to pull it out with the Obtuse angel :?

Not happy, be nice if I could get away with just purchasing a new replacement Plug Cap though...

Online source? Any recommendations for brands etc.?
Any long straight after market cap by NGK should do the trick, just remove the rubber weather protector from the old plug cap/lead and reuse it to stop plop going down the plug hole. Also, I find a mirror and a torch can make getting things out the plug hole easier as you can see what you're grabbing at with the pliers.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEN_POWELL said:
Any long straight after market cap by NGK should do the trick, just remove the rubber weather protector from the old plug cap/lead and reuse it to stop plop going down the plug hole.

Also, I find a mirror and a torch can make getting things out the plug hole easier as you can see what you're grabbing at with the pliers.
Yen: Cheers dude, us amatures would of never thougth of the mirror trick, must try that.. (First me Cap, next stop Dentistry :eek:) I'll put you down for a free extraction whenever you need it :D )

Thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts