Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A man has been arrested after a dog mauled a six-year-old girl in front of her parents, biting off part of one ear.
The seriously injured girl suffered wounds to her neck and shoulder during the attack in northeast London.
Officers said she would probably be scarred for life.

Witnesses told how the girl's father repeatedly punched the animal in the head in a bid to save his daughter. She was screaming "mummy, mummy, help me".
http://news.sky.com/home/article/16154063

This story comes a week after my wife had to put herself between a dog and my three year old daughter. She got clawed and muddy for her trouble but my daughter was unscathed. The mid 40's dopey bitch of an owner was remarkably unconcerned apparently.

My wife and I were previously attacked by an out of control border collie some years back. She got bitten. I foiled the attacking collie using my bicycle and then put the absolute fear of god into the moronic late 50's couple who owned it.

Now, the ususal caveats apply and to put it into perspective it is a minority of owners that are UTTER EFFIN MORONS and it's these that spoil it for all the other responsible owners out there. I was at the park yesterday and every single dog was well behaved. Owners were wandering about with their poo collections and not one dog looked out of control. If they can do it, why can't they all?

If this was my daughter the owner would have far more to worry about than whether his precious dog was going to be destroyed or not.

So what's the answer to this then? An ear for an ear?

It makes my piss boil almost as much as Craig's.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Totally agree,

we have a dog that has 'issues' with other dogs and as a result has to be kept on a lead around other dogs and our piss boils when other dogs come bounding over uncontrolled.........

I know our mutt is daft as a brush but others don't and we need to respect that and keep him controlled when we're out.

Some owners just don't care though.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
http://news.sky.com/home/article/16154063 I was at the park yesterday and every single dog was well behaved. Owners were wandering about with their poo collections and not one dog looked out of control. If they can do it, why can't they all?
I know you are trying to add "balance" and no upset Sean :cool: but there's no need to exaggerate.

There are plenty of responsible dog owners but loads aren't - or have a different versionof "responsible to us.

Most think a dog running up to them and jumping up at them is great, so they fail to understand that their dog running up to a complete stranger and jumping up at them is totally unacceptable, no matter how friendly and cute the dog is. It can be terrifying and painful and - at best - messy (I don't want to turn up to my next appointment with mud and dog saliva down my trousers, thank you).

And I doubt any of them can honestly say they haven't, at some time, been in the park and missed their dog having a poo and not known where to go to pick it up. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that to get through ten dog walks, even the best dog owners only need nine poo bags. Many dog owners don't even understand the concept of cleaning up after their dog.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know you are trying to add "balance" and no upset Sean :cool: but there's no need to exaggerate.
No exaggeration. I talked to my wife about it and we reckoned it was slightly to windy and drizzly for the ingnorant tits to tear themselves away from their games console to take their dogs out meaning that the dog will be shut indoors going mental and getting smacked for not sitting still :rolleyes:.

Most think a dog running up to them and jumping up at them is great, so they fail to understand that their dog running up to a complete stranger and jumping up at them is totally unacceptable, no matter how friendly and cute the dog is. It can be terrifying and painful and - at best - messy (I don't want to turn up to my next appointment with mud and dog saliva down my trousers, thank you).
...and it doesn't go down well if it slobbers all over you and you are allergic to dogs either.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
When i take the mut out i NEVER let her run towards people or even get near them, shes never bitten anyone and is very friendly (if a dog starts she prefers to run away and being part whippet usually can) but they don't know is shes friendly or not so thats why. If someone wants to stroke her and asks does she bite i say "she might do" coz you never know...

Alan, if that had been me out with the 6 year old i don't care what dog it was i would have killed it there and then and if it was my little Ellie i would have ripped it's throat out with my fekkin bare hands and the owners too most likely, in fact, i'm getting wound up now just thinking about it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
"you threaten my daughters life, you die!"

sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Knowing that I am something of a "beserker" when angry I dread to think what I might do in a similar situation. Some pillock on a scooter very nearly ran one of the twins down ON THE PAVEMENT the other week & my wife had to intervene to stop me doing any serious damage...

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alan, if that had been me out with the 6 year old i don't care what dog it was i would have killed it there and then and if it was my little Ellie i would have ripped it's throat out with my fekkin bare hands and the owners too most likely, in fact, i'm getting wound up now just thinking about it.
That was my exact initial reaction too but in attack mode they're a bit barky and bitey and far stronger than one might think. Bull terriers can be pretty determined and don't really seem to be that bothered by punches (although if you hit a dog with Sooty and Sweep*, it would probably make more of an impact than if I was to do it with my mere mortal hands :). Still, I bet the bloke wasn't punching it lightly either. I've read that this particular one was a Staffy and, as bull terriers go, aren't they meant to be among the least iffy?

Keys, sticks, anything sharp or, as a last resort, thumbs - forced chosen implement into an eye or both eyes so hard it's like your trying to push through to the back of the animals skull. That's far more effective than punching an animal while it's trying to eat your face off. I've heard it works on would-be muggers too apparently ;)

*Sooty and sweep...
View attachment 16672

...and then this for the owner...
View attachment 16673

Actually, I think I've now answered my question "What will it take?".

Fancy a trip to Chingford Craig :)

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Staffy and, as bull terriers go, aren't they meant to be among the least iffy?
Yeah, usually staffies are spot on with people, dodgy with other dogs but ok with us. Of course, it depends which idiot has raised the dog.

I've only once had a dog jump at me when i had the little one with me and that was one of them english bulls (the pig looking ones) and it was on my own drive as i got her out the car and a swift knee in it's face did the trick. I don't think it was trying to savage me or the bairn because the knee to the face didn't seem to bother it much but it was a scary moment considering i had the little one in my arms i was thinking sh!t if it starts what will i do as i've got her in my arms. Got in the house quick and telephoned the council who refused to send anyone out but thats a long story involving me writing to the local MP to complain (not like me eh? :D).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
I nearly finished of my sisters neighbours jack Russell once, the kids where out polaying on the lawn, the bloody thing came through the fence and went for her elderly cat, grabbed the poor old thing and killed it, and would not let go , thew kids ran to try and rescue the cat , luckily i was near and stopped them, but it would not let go of the cat, so i stood on it neck until it just about choked to death, and let go of the cat which by now was dead, then grabbed it by the scruff f the neck and returned it too it,s owner,s girlfriend explaining what had happened she said i wish you had killed the spiteful little b****rd , but we never saw it again

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
I nearly finished of my sisters neighbours jack Russell once, the kids where out polaying on the lawn, the bloody thing came through the fence and went for her elderly cat, grabbed the poor old thing and killed it, and would not let go , thew kids ran to try and rescue the cat , luckily i was near and stopped them, but it would not let go of the cat, so i stood on it neck until it just about choked to death, and let go of the cat which by now was dead, then grabbed it by the scruff f the neck and returned it too it,s owner,s girlfriend explaining what had happened she said i wish you had killed the spiteful little b****rd , but we never saw it again
I'm sorry to say I had a very similar experience with one of my dogs, one day it just decided it wanted to kill my cat, fortunately I was around and pinned it to the ground and managed to rescue the cat but we ended up having the dog put down as we just couldn't trust it after that (it always had been a little unhinged but that was the final straw)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts