Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a beautiful day out there, so prior to Sunday lunch I thought I'd wheel Bev out into the sunshine and clean her wheels.

This was all going swimmingly until I read the instructions on the bottle..."WARNING - do not use in bright sunlight"

Oooops.

And I'm kind of wondering why this is.

I reckon it's because it makes the bike so shiny that it can now be seen in deep space, so that Space Aliens may be tempted to beam it up

Her Ladyship thinks that it will be so bright that it will pi$$ off the grumpy fairy that lives in the slimy dark grotto at the bottom of the garden.

So can anyone come up with a scientific reason for why they don't want me to polish me bike in the daylight ? (it's manual squirt-on goo, and there's no flammable issue) :dontknow:

Ta, Shorty.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It could be it would be crap if it dried before you could wipe it leaving streaks and the like.

Or it could just react with the rays from the sun making the part sprayed invisible .

Ooh stealth spray , you didn't nick it from nasa by any chance:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
So you dont see how cr*p you are at polishing bikes?:toothy2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Some cleaning products such as traffic film removers/dewaxing fluids/alloy wheel cleaners contain very aggressive chemicals that can etch paint and even glass if left to dry. I have seen one new car which required a full set of windows because the PDI valeter left the dewaxing fluid on too long and it dried in sunlight.

regards

Mahout

1 - 4 of 4 Posts