Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold to Shrewsbury Honda about 1994/5, I traded it in against a newer Transalp, can’t even remember the reg no and this is the only photo that survives. Any body on here buy it ? I regret to this day selling it, if only we knew then what we know now.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a 74' CB500/4 which i have owned since the early 80's,i was tempted to sell it in the past but thankfully kept it for all these years,it's more of an old friend than a motorbike.:)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I done the same in 95 traded it in for a CB1000 after 2 years of owning it wish i kept it only ever seen one other in the same colour in this country. I got another now almost the same colours and year also got a cb1000 :D
Wish i still had the hair as well LOL
scan0001.JPG

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Strangely enough, I think you look much better without the hair Fred ;)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I got a US import Dommie in 98, never found anything to replace it but I have some other bikes bought in the meantime...
Anyway its 30yrs old last month so I am now eligible for vintage and veteran tax rates here in ROI, €26 per annum.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Strangely enough, I think you look much better without the hair Fred ;)
Bob you can always cut hair off if you got it if you haven't you got no choice but thanks anyway :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
don't have any regrets Jeves . I used to have regrets but they are bad for you let them go they are negative energy look to the future come out of the dark and into the light . we can only learn from the past mistakes . the red windscreen is very period and not to my liking I prefer them clear even though but my bikes have black windscreens they came to me like that . if you really want another rd04 Germany is the place mobile.de is the website . I would prefer a transalp and they come up for reasonable money better value for money I think . hey Fred I had a suit like that I bought it 22 years ago protocotoral was the make metallic blue of the top over gun metal grey with the white stripes and matching trousers that came up to my chest with braces . on over the leathers they always kept me warm and dry could get a bit hot in there at times . I had no car at all them times so biking all year round . these days I am gone very soft in my old age I haven't been on a bike in probably over 3 months between it being too cold and salt on the roads I am not inspired to do any biking ;) I have gotten sinus trouble too with the cold so its not worth it and I lost my pinlock insert for my lid that would have helped a bit .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have a Transalp but not that one, had two more between then and now with a few RT s and GS thrown in. The one one I have now was a basket case bought about three years ago, I have replaced all bearings replaced wheels, powder coated and stainless spokes, calipers replaced, fairings repaired, acetone weld worked a treat, just in the process of a rattle can respray.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts