Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
I wonder if they would have done the same if he actually had cancer and was losing his hair due to Chemo and had it cut off ?

Reactions: Traveller

·
Registered
23 Posts
Radical haircuts were against school rules. If he'd lost it due to illness it wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm in two minds about this; on one hand it's good that he's prepared to do something for charity but on the other, he's gone against school rules. Like them or not, the rules are there to ensure a standard of discipline is met and need to be upheld. An exception to the rules would have been acceptable in this case but he should have asked the headmaster for permission beforehand.

Rich.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Radical haircuts were against school rules. If he'd lost it due to illness it wouldn't have been a problem.

I'm in two minds about this; on one hand it's good that he's prepared to do something for charity but on the other, he's gone against school rules. Like them or not, the rules are there to ensure a standard of discipline is met and need to be upheld. An exception to the rules would have been acceptable in this case but he should have asked the headmaster for permission beforehand.

Rich.
Why is having your haircut radical? Rules serve to ensure the organisation can function effectivly. Once you start making rules based on personal preference you undermine the credibility of the valid rules and respect is lost.
I started this thread because the news item made me laugh. It reminded me of when I was at school and was made to have my hair cut short (called a crew cut then). I now realise I lost respect for that teacher because I couldnt see a link between long hair and "Yobs". Why was I a yob when I had long hair then not a yob when my hair was short? I was the same person.
Some years later the crew cut became a "skinhead cut" and pupils suffered for having hair too short, and my long hair was "Good".
If I were at that lads school now I would probably be expelled as my hair is now AWOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qyC8B-zVqk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Cutting his hair is most likely a sign of mental instability, and therefore the kid is soon to become a terrorist because he must have few muslim friends who will turn him into a jihadist. If the school allows him to cut his hair, then next step, he will show up with an AK47 and kill everyone... :rolleyes:

Obviously I am kidding. Sadly, the government isn't.

Anti-terror plan to spy on toddlers 'is heavy-handed’ - Telegraph

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHDBn7TL4JM in 1983 I was a skin head number #1 hair 14 hole doc's jeans turned up to show of ma boots couldn't get steel toes around hear still cant but I can get them off ebay so I did . my 2 mates were skins too man it was hard to get a lift on the road out from town . an off duty cop gave us a lift once just to suss us out . our village was on a busy enough road the heads on the squares passing through was priceless when they saw us :toothy9: . I think the regulation hair cut for schools is nancy boy anything else is forbidden .its nice to see bigotry is still alive and kicking against individual freedom if a young lad wants to have his hair cut like a farmer why not all the farmers around hear have skinheads to save money on the barber shop . you don't have to be a **** to be a teacher but it helps :hitler:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts