Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i need an advice...if possible ASAP
i can buy a shockabsorber for my 92' TA 600 made by Wilbers, almost new at a very good price. Mine is the original one and the bike is like a kangoroo from the behind so i am really into buying this yet...cause there is a yet...The shock is for the 650 model . Does it fit ? any mods to do if doesn't fit
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

XL 650 V Transalp RD 10 / 11 00> X 640-0542-00 499,-
XL 600 V Transalp PD 06 / 10 89-99 X 640-0038-00 499,-

Can some one give me the details/measurements for the original shock(bike is parked 100km from me)

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
No, it will not fit.

The 650 shock is a lot smaller than the 600's because it mounts to the top of the swingarm, the 600 mounts under.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you aren't going to buy it, any chance you could tell us where you are getting a good deal on this thing as I may be interested for my 650TA.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, the TA 600 has 37cm rear shock lenght while the TA650 has 30cm lenght. Unfortunately this lenght messes up all the geometry with the swingarm etc. couldn't find anyone to tell me if i elongate it with 7cm what can happen so...i think i'll leave it.
The wilbers shock was bought with some front springs for a TA650 , the owner mounted them and after couple of months(asphalt rides only ) he sold the byke and intended to sell the shockabsorber separately. He's willing to sell it for 100E. We both live in Timisoara.
I'll telll him if he is interested in selling it outside the borders (paypal, shipment etc)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I held it in my hands, nice shock yet indeed it will not fit :(
if anyone of you is interested in it please contact [email protected](Timisoara, Romania) the price is 100euro. he's got some bashplate from touratech also at a dumping price

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i ended in buying this 2013-03-15-025 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! although it is an XL600 shock for the last 200km it seems that i made the right choice. The spring is harder and the bike doesn't have the sag i am used too and from my feeling it does absorb the shocks :)
My new friend Paul asked me to advertise the last piece of his belowed 650 TA.
bashplate: 90Euros without transport
in good condition , no offroad use
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Please contact Paul IVAN , [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts