Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of people who no longer appear on here?
I ve been absent a while what with having a computer stolen and some other stuff.I already refused to subscribe this year as subscription brings no benefits. I have come back onto the site today using an Android device to find that every time I change page I have pages of Google play store & ,appshop
opened for me, trying to launch stupid games that I have not asked for our even heard of.
This is obviously unacceptable. It only occurs on this site but if someone who's in the know can explain
Why& how & convince me that is nothing to do with the site then I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm all gone.

Disappointed of France.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I can use this site on my phone Sony experia and i have not had any issues with pages being opened and i am not a subscibed member either so it may be a separate issue

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Can't help you with any of your problems Chris but I'll see you on the Welsh site no matter what :D

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're using an android device try using Tapatalk to view the forum. You may find that more convenient.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I can use all the other sites I frequent without tapatalk & without having to deal with unwarranted publicity or unwelcome and uninvited manipulation.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Ad blocking app?

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ad blocking app?
it's not ads Whealie, I canput up with ads, don't like it but put up with it. This is actually launching programmes on my phone every time I change page on the site. I don't have either tapatalk or an adblocker on my phone cos I don't need either of them... except maybe for this site? It starts as soon as I log on here & stops as soon as I log off. I don't pretend to understand how it all works but it is obviously something linked to this site. If it was something on the 'phone, a virus or a trojan or whatever then surely it wouldn't activate ONLY on here.

·
Administrator
1,770 Posts
It seems to workfine on my Android phone (although admittedly i'm subscribed). Are you just accessing XRV as a website via the phone's browser (which is what I do)?

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
When I view the site on my android, I'm not logged in, so doesn't matter about your member status, it's fine.

I'd say it's your phone ?

L

·
0 Posts
Apart from the ads we have always had there are no pop-ups or other sort of code on XRV.. Apart from tapatalk which if you read the forum on a mobile device will pop up and tell you that there is an app available for the forum. This single pop-up is dismissable and will not again pop up for that session.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If I access the forum from my Android I don't get any of the problems you are mentioning.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
. Are you just accessing XRV as a website via the phone's browser (which is what I do)?
yes , just using phone's browser.

When I view the site on my android, I'm not logged in, so doesn't matter about your member status, it's fine.

I'd say it's your phone ?
if it's the phone, then why would it happen ONLY on this site & not on any of the other sites I use regularly (maxbikes, aus touring, le repaire, BBC, france info, to name but a few...)

Apart from the ads we have always had there are no pop-ups or other sort of code on XRV.. Apart from tapatalk which if you read the forum on a mobile device will pop up and tell you that there is an app available for the forum. This single pop-up is dismissable and will not again pop up for that session.
I had the tapatalk proposition once but have not had it again since, the last 5 or 6 times, within 5 seconds of logging on here googleplay automatically opens on a page proposing to download some game such as candy crush, boulderdash, gemshop or other useful & constructive passtime. it then repeats that 5 seconds after every page change. I repeat that this ONLY happens on this site which is why i can't believe the problem is with the phone itself. I'll try without logging in & see what that does.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it seems to have stopped.

even with the phone's browser it's no longer opening google play pages. Dunno what's changed, I don't think I've changed anything, certainly no settings or owt.

ho hum, another mystery to add to the the list, along with the disparition of atlantis & the missing link...:clown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts