Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any feedback on Williams BMW dealership in Manchester? I've got my eye on this . Think it's an ex-demo, but it's well kitted up, and has lowered factory chassis :). Not sure the Bank Manager would be happy, but they don't skimp on themselves, do they? What do you folks have to say about the price for this one (bearing in mind all the goodies and 0 previous owners?).

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Good bikes.

The only things I'm not keen on the bike are the tiny standard screen (which they have changed) and the seat is pretty hard and uncomfy. With the low seat it may well be worse so make sure you get a good long test.

Without checking, the price looks a bit on the expensive side but I may just be out of touch these days. It will have had at least one owner in the book regardless whether it was owned by a dealer or not.

No idea about the dealer though.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there something you're not telling us Lou?

If you do get it Ruth will be jealous as she quite likes them and even she can sit on the lowered one comfortably
Sadly, no secrets, Ian. I've had no time to practice for the test. But I'm considering going for DAS and taking it on a bigger bike, and this is the model I have in mind. I love the low height of the factory lowered models, but they're not easy to come by. Tell Ruth that when we both have our tests and our F650s we'll be able to go riding on the dark side together :)

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Outrunner (Andy) has got one of these and likes it...a lot.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do that's if she ever gets of the bike long enough to talk to her, she seems to have been glued to the seat all week
Lucky her! :thumbup: I've been able to ride in to work once this week and that's all the riding I've got done!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Looks a loverly bike Lulu - can't help with the pricing etc

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Lulu,
They are brilliant bikes IMHO, but I am with Boris in thinking it is a bit overpriced. I have never been too keen on ex demo bikes as I know how I drive a demonstrator! ;) There are some good looking bikes out there for a bit less and with less mileage, unless you really must have the latest reg. :toothy10:

Andy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's a better looking one in Keithdixonmotorcycles.co.uk. in Accrington a bit dearer but may negotiate [30 yr anniversary model an less mileage].

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not that many lowered ones though, I've been keeping my eyes open for them and only seen a few.
Wot he said! I'm not in the least bit interested in having 'the latest reg', but used ones with lowered chassis really are few and far between. Given that all the extras add up to c. £2.5K, doesn't seem like such a bad price to me. Though i take the point about the ex-demo...

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Hi Lu, the F650's are fantastic machines. Realy they are just a detuned 800, plenty of grund and ride superb. Sharrie is on her second f800, the first had a lowered seat and we took it down to Spain with luggage the average fuel read 79mph.
The factory lowered bikes are realy nicely build. Go for it and you"ll get BMW warranty and recovery free if you buy from the dealer, its worth it.

Reactions: Lulu

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok you'be all convinced me! Am going to struggle to find time to get over there for a test ride as I have guests from Spain staying tm next Sunday. But definitely going to pursue this one - it would be rude not to.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
It was brilliant.

My little bike out performed the GSA 1200 on every point

:D

Lou, they are cracking bikes, you won't be disappointed. Huge grin factor :D:D:D
oh Dear this will cause issue's with the big man and the kraut :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Go for it Lulu , they are superb bikes and a lowered one will be perfect for you:thumbup: my mate dean has Done 25000 trouble free miles with his , and although the dealers try to tempt him with 800s - 1200s GSAs etc he loves his 650 or as he calls it his 798 more;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts