Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks, i need some advice and some help.

My Dominator is 1998.

I want to buy a wind shield for it and i've found this one for my year of manufacture:

HONDA NX 650 DOMINATOR (1996 - 2003) TOURING WINDSCREEN WINDSHIELD SCREEN COLOUR | eBay

But i prefer this one more:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HONDA-NX-650-DOMINATOR-1987-1995-TOURING-WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-SCREEN-COLOUR/182327067734?hash=item2a738a4456:g:RtcAAOSwcLxYDcSB

The problem is, that it's meant for the older Dommies.

My question is,can i install this old one on my 1998. Dommie?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think it would probably fit if you drilled some more holes, I can't help beyond that. Mine is a skidmarx flip but mine is an 1988

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello

I have the screen you say you prfer on my 89 Dominator

It fits nicely and looks pretty good, but, after about 50 mph can give some turbulence around my head, depending if driving into the wind or not

I have just got myself an adjustable screen extender to try and solve this

Maybe the correct one will be better for you ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello

I have the screen you say you prfer on my 89 Dominator

It fits nicely and looks pretty good, but, after about 50 mph can give some turbulence around my head, depending if driving into the wind or not

I have just got myself an adjustable screen extender to try and solve this

Maybe the correct one will be better for you ?
Well, in the end i've ordered the correct one. I'll post a pic when i install it on my bike.
It should be something like this:

22405425_10154299271963078_1268547455300102702_n.jpg

This should be this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-NX-650-DOMINATOR-1996-2003-TOURING-WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-SCREEN-COLOUR-/182983948211?rmvSB=true

·
Registered
147 Posts
The one you show is the one I have

I didn't get any fittings with mine tho

Bike looks good, what make and model of top box have you got there ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you post a pic of the bike so that i can see how it looks like with the shield.

The box is Givi Maxia, but i dont know what model number because it came with the bike. All i know is that it can fit two full face helmets with a little bit of fidling.

As for the shield, at first i wanted this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-NX-650-DOMINATOR-1987-1995-TOURING-WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-SCREEN-COLOUR-/182327067734?rmvSB=true

But in the end i decided to buy the other,because i came across at that upper pic i posted earlier of what it really looks like IRL,and it doesn't seem bad, so i bought it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Bungle - Looks like a Givi E46 + back rest , I've got one on my AT ? (bloody huge..... too huge :D)

Josko - I have a similar screen for my late model Dommie, same shape but clear and no fittings. Bought it years ago and never fitted so I'd be interested to see how yours looks ? Photo's when your ready boss !! :thumbup:

(PS : I've always been a bit worried as to how it would hold up under the pressure of 80/90 mph, the headlight fairing isn't massively strong and it's only fixed with four bolts. Did you get any kind of backing plate with your kit ?)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Josko - I have a similar screen for my late model Dommie, same shape but clear and no fittings. Bought it years ago and never fitted so I'd be interested to see how yours looks ? Photo's when your ready boss !! :thumbup:

(PS : I've always been a bit worried as to how it would hold up under the pressure of 80/90 mph, the headlight fairing isn't massively strong and it's only fixed with four bolts. Did you get any kind of backing plate with your kit ?)
No prob. I'll post a pic.
No. no backing plate included,but i'm not worried about the pressure,because hundreds of dommies have a shield and nobody ever said that they've had any problems .. So, we'll see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts