Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a brainwave yesterday, and thought I'd try it out;)

After a quick helmetless blast up the road last evening, it appears to work...might even get round to making it a more permanent fixture after a more thorough test today:mrgreen:

Special prize for the first person to tell me what it used to be:toothy10:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love competitions was it your flip top kitchen bin.

Nice bodge :-D

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Just to let you know, the rubbery, flexible, squish 'em to shape blue ear plug thingies from Boots sorted my noise out. They made riding much quieter.
Quite expensive at a fiver for three pairs I thought, but well worth it.
Better than any mod I did.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flip top kitchen bin.
You're getting warm...;)

rubbery, flexible, squish 'em to shape blue ear plug thingies
Sounds like the ear plugs I bought here...come in a little clear plastic box? I paid 4 TL for mine(less than 2 euro)...think I could start a black market in them:mrgreen:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Ahh..........Gaffa Tape.........Proper bodging

The Blue ear plugs are Bio Ears - mainly for swimmers to stop water ingress but they also do an excellent job of eliminating most of any wind noise

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same plugs I think. I found them a bit bulky, but they did the job well. Got a bag of foam ones for now, but still keeping the blue 'uns for back up.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, got it fitted;)

Bit of a faff, as it's actually stainless, not some cheapo plated steel as I first thought....the cheapo drill bits that came with the (cheapo) drill didn't last 2 minutes and ended up using the masonry bits:rolleyes:

Oh, and the 'legs' where the holes are drilled aren't square or the same length so it looks a bit ****...and I think I'll change the penny washers for smaller ones.

Anyway, a true bodge:thumbright:

...and our very naked bog roll holder:mrgreen:

Don't think the landlord will notice;)

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
you can even blind oncoming traffic whilst you pull faces in your distorted reflection, is there no end to the additional benefits of this mod:p

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Nice bodge 621andy however i would get some kind of edging strip on there when standing up on my AT i found myself smacking the bridge of my nose on the tall screen when ducking under trees off road bloody hurts that looks a little sharp to be bumping into

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I've got some edging strip somewhere at home from my days as an air conditioning ducting fitter;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Another advantage is that you'll be so scared it will decapitate you in the event of an accident, you'll ride more carefully.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
It has been said that if every car had a rusty spike poking from the centre of the steering wheel instead of an air bag, drivers would drive... differently.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
There ya go...;)

Fully in keeping with the bodge look:mrgreen:

Hopefully it'll stop me slitting me throat:thumbright:

BTW; It's called 'Kantenschutz' in German...sounds better than edging strip doesn't it :) Down to my last half metre, and run out of the smaller diameter stuff altogether...need to go back to work for ABB for a week again. It's lasted 10 years;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Another advantage is that you'll be so scared it will decapitate you in the event of an accident, you'll ride more carefully.
My very thoughts... but if the screen on any bike cracks it becomes a lethal weapon in a crash,, an you have run it fur 10 years wow... good bodge... I love this place.. Bodgers are us... ave always been known as a bodger, when it comes to bikes... when i go to an auto jumble i always come home wi gaffa tape... bunggees, tie straps, an tie downs... who needs anything else...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts