Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am sick and tired of my gloves getting soaked every time it rains and smelling like someone has been sick in them. Ive washed them ive poured bottles of talc in them and the smell still comes back.

Can anyone recommend some all season waterproof gloves that are breathable but warm for the winter--and do not smell???

thank you in advance and I look forward to your suggestions!!!!

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
I've used Mammut Zermatt gloves for a number of years now, they're not actually bike gloves but they're pretty decent at keeping the water out and the heat in, as well as dealing with the occasional bit of asphalt surfing...

Biggest problem is that they're huge, that takes some getting used to.

D

·
0 Posts
I have not tried this but sticking them in the freezer should kill the bacteria causing the smell. :eek:

Steve

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Frank Thomas - Goretex jobs - I've had them for about six years - magic!!

Cost about £30 from memory.

·
74 Posts
What's that Wee Jack, a piffling six years? I've got a pair of Goretex Furygans that are around 17 years old and are still fantastic. At the time they cost about £65. which must have been bloomin' expensive.

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have just come back from buying some winter gloves. They look and fell very good, but i just couldnt wait any longer to buy some online.!!

they are Weise gloves. - cordura/leather palms.

i hope that the smell has gone......

:p

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
+1 on these - :p
Probably wouldn't fit me, I have 4 fingers (and a thumb)! Sorry, I'll get my coat........:D
By the way what's winter again?

·
TV boffin
328 Posts
Held make great winter and also "3 season" gloves.
I have a pair of the former - way too hot in summer behind the handguards (I use summer gloves in summer... duh) - and Mrs Severs has the latter, which I would find just a smidge too cold in winter without handguards, but I could manage with them in all but the coldest winter day on my TA. Both are totally waterproof and have a little rubber squeegee thingy on the left forefinger for wiping the visor in the rain, it works really well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts