Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sort of thermals do people use ?

I ask as there were Thermals attached to the pants and jacket i bought but arent the best and make them big and bulky!!!

Any1 recommend a set to buy? And are the glove inner thermals any use ?

Cheers
Andy

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
Bought a set of thermals (Long Johns & long sleeve shirt) last year from Asda for a trip to Canada. Now use them on the Bike, Toasty. As good as anything I've bought from an outdoor emporium and if i remember less than a tenner!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have some Merino wool longjohns and top. Bought them from M&S on one of those 50% sale days they had before Christmas. Think they're normally around £30 each, but worth every penny. They're absolutely brilliant, much better than the old synthetic set I had.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Have a look for Helly Hansen Lifa gear, it's pretty good, and works for me.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
If it's purely for use on the bike - M&S . Look like an extra from a Western - but they work.

Long johns and long sleeve vest , buy 2 sets, double them up if required.

The expensive technical stuff - North Face etc is brill , but unless you are doing serious hard physical work and sweating , where they really come into their own with wicking etc , they are a wast of money. Probably last longer than the M&S stuff though.

The secret to staying warm on the bike is layering , and not letting yourself become cold in the first place. If you wait until your chilled before puting on the extra layers - your goosed !!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I use the ASDA ones and they're great ............... so are Frosties !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cold Killers get my vote. Really keep the wind out.

G

·
X:LIFE Base layers aimed at climbers and hill walkers from an outdoor shop at the Outlet village at Grenta Green, £5 for the top and £5 for the long Johns.
Very warm, and good fit.

G

·
gotmine from britishthermals.com they were very reasonable price and warm but not as cheap as asda by the sound of it,worth a look all the same.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
You could get some from Damart, who specialize in thermal wear, but they might be a bit pricy.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the Advice lads!!

Bought HH Lifa pants (€40) but they didn't have a top to fit me so bought a Regatta top (€20)

Pants are very warm and fit nicely!! Top isnt the may west... Warmish but not a very good fit...

Had a look at Skins Thermals too but they were mad money!!!! €75 each :eek:

Bought a set of socks too (€8 ) which arent to bad.. Some swedish make... Will have to keep an eye out for a better set!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts