Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Mrs P has taken to joining me of late on my road based Transalp travels and likes to talk (I can still escape on my own though when I hit the dirt :D).

So has anyone any advice on wireless helmet intercoms that I can also use with my Garmin Zumo.

Does anybody have one that they can really recommend....

I'm absolutely useless at all this new technology stuff :confused:

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Cardio Scala do one which is Bluetooth, I don't know how good it is though.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
With wireless intercoms you need batteries and remembering to charge them can be a pain. They are also tricky to charge if you are away for a few days. The other thing is sound and vox quality and the cheaper ones are appalling.

For me wired is the only way to go. I have an Autocom but they have gone bust and are now part of the Starcom group. Speaking of Starcom they also come highly recommended.

I'd go so far as to state that Autocom or Starcom are the only intercoms worth having. Everything else is just a waste of money.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hi Potski
I got us a Midland BT From Andorra last year for 149e and find it works a treat but as someones mentioned you do have to remember to charge it every night !!!! its got all sorts of things you can do with it aswell but i to am a technophobe:rolleyes:
Phil

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
my mother in law bought us one as a joke for christmas because i was taking nipper to france to see the d-day doings.
it was a fiver from aldi. very funny, except that it works quite well. doesnt cope with wind noise at all but its quite good around town.
i dont bother with it though, when im riding im in my own world and we have a knee and back tapping system of communication that works perfectly well. nipper falls asleep on the back anyway so theres nobody to talk to half the time

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys..
Thanks for the advice.
I have one of the cheap Aldi/Lidl intercoms, but a bit sick of getting tangled up in it, as you say though davsato, works OK.

Yeah, Hi Phil, Ackackflack etc, lookin good, I just know that when we want to just nip out on the bike the sod won't be charged (reminds me of my cordleess screwdriver, mine is never charged, so I end up doing it by hand, Ooo Err)

Of course as we all know in the end it will be down to Mrs P who understands these things better (technophobe me, like Phil) :rolleyes:.

Cheers
Potski

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I've owned a solo Scala Rider for years, and it works rather well. Ignore warnings about not being water proof; it's clipped on 12 months of the year and works fine in the rain. I use mine for GPS and mobile phone only, and the battery lasts for days on end without charging. (If she gabs on a bit or if you listen to music the battery might drain more quickly.) Surely it's not a big problem to take a charger with you and re-charge once every few days? Better than messing about with plugging wires in and out every flipping time you get on/off the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts