Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my RD04 a number of weeks ago for a really good price for a bike with 27K kms on the clock. Judging by the condition it appears genuine.

The history of the bike is a little chequered, because the previous owner who only had it for 2 months purchased it from a guy who had a collection, but apparently used this bike in France at his holiday home.

Blah Blah.. to cut to the chase. The bike needs to registered again to be road legal, the last time being 2004.

I have been through it with my limited abilities, new brakes, replace a blown bulb, oil, filter, air change. Chain adjustment checked. Light bulbs checked, as is horn and brake
2A44B69F-CE66-4B4C-8AF4-38C037B89187_1_201_a.jpeg
s. New tyres came on the bike.
Everything is back to stock, and starts on the button.

The Swiss are sticklers for quality and originality. I appreciate that. So tomorrow, I am up for the test.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's good to hear. It sounds like the Swiss don't like older vehicles on their roads. It becomes very difficult and very expensive to keep a bike "original" beyond a certain point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jackflash. I have to agree that there are distinctly fewer older vehicles on the road in comparison to the rest of Europe. The originality of the vehicle is a base lining mentality. If you want some extra lights on the bike, they have to conform to an agreed Swiss standard. The bike then requires an extra inspection and the addition, if approved will be registered to your bike on the bike paper. If not....failed.

The good news is... It passed,. Now where are those rear pannier racks? :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great news!! enjoy the bike...

Reactions: Lensman
1 - 5 of 5 Posts