Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a hoot! Change of places this year, not Weavers Down but the Bagshot Army training ground. So long as I get a couple of laps in I'll be happy, so get those XR's out and join up!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the Enduro took place yesterday and it was the hardest ride I've ever done, I covered 8 miles in 3.3hrs!! I could have walked it quicker. The winner did 5 laps I did 1........:(
The ground was horrible and cut up very quickly with 300 bikes riding round, having said how tough it was I still managed to finish 124 out of 311 starters, my tortoise like pace meant I didn't break me bike and so managed to get to the finish line (at least 10kg heavier with mud and a bad back due to say many pick ups.........XR's are heavy!)
If you fancy.......Witley and District Motor Cycle Club - Welcome To Witley

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Bravo Jeff :thumbup:

I thought about riding down for a look but that's as far as I got :rolleyes:
My mate came 25th last year as an expert. He took a week to physically recover and he's many many years younger than us ! So a gold star to you Jeff :thumbup:
He's just had his first baby (Nov') so that's the end of that, racing is over for a while !!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I notice you are booked on the HISS Aragon trip in later September - me too. Looking forward to it and a chance to ride some nice trails. Are you in a group or riding down solo?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've only just signed up here so am late in on the thread.

The BXDE is a great event, I've done it many times though this last one was by far the hardest. Didn't make life easy by running it on the Dominator and was more physically broken than I've ever been after any event before though it was very enjoyable in that sadistic enduro way:)

I got 103rd overall which I was more than happy with given the conditions, hardest event in the history of SE enduro says some.

The race number stickers are still on my bike as they started to take the matt black paint job with them when I went to pull them off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts