Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Now if Honda made the Vara look like that they would sell tonnes more!

·
Rule thy Mind
345 Posts
Mmmmm ---now where did i see that Verynearo parked-----wheres me hacksaw -----welding gear --------anyone want to buy an Africa Engine---------------------:D :D :D

It would look even better with upside downies as well

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Mmmmm ---now where did i see that Verynearo parked-----wheres me hacksaw -----welding gear --------anyone want to buy an Africa Engine---------------------:D :D :D

It would look even better with upside downies as well

It's predominantly a Vara with some clever bugger having adapted or custom made the front plastics off an AT to fit, and bolted an AT bashplate on.

Does look cool though...better if it was black!

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably a dumb question, but has anyone fitted mag wheels to an @?
I REALLY like the looks of that thing!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
was thinking about that myself, there are a set on ebay for 200 quid, but was thinking about the complications with the brakes etc

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
no offense to those that love and those that own vapaderos.. but this is the sort of hash up honda will palm everyone off with if they do make a new @... personally its a joke as its its sfa (other than the stickers) to do with what the @ WAS about even before they meddled with it last time!!

I thought the rd07 was a joke with its plastic fantastic approach and more electronics than the space shuttle but basing an @ on the way more complex and less robust vara is madness if they intend to sell it for anything other than a pimped up autobahn cruiser!!!

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
no offense to those that love and those that own vapaderos.. but this is the sort of hash up honda will palm everyone off with if they do make a new @... personally its a joke as its its sfa other than the stickers to with what the @ WAS about even before they meddled with it last time!!

I thought the rd07 was a joke with its plastic fantastic approach and more electronics than the space shuttle but basing an @ on the way more complex and less robust vara is madness if they intend to sell it for anything other than a pimped up autobahn cruiser!!!

ooooooooooooooooo someone got out of bed the wrong side
;)

Ill be honest with you a perfect @ would have mag wheel and a shaft drive , maybe I should be hankering over a darskide bike

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
na far from it, just fed up with people buying road based replica off roaders and then whining when they fall apart because they just arnt upto the abuse.

I guess these days most adv bikes are more about pose power than anything more. :hmph:

the [email protected] thing just remonds me of the sado youffs with 900cc novas worth £200 that fit £2000 worth of bodykit on and think they are ready to be at the top the BTTC grid.... oooo sad little people!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
ooooooooooooooooo someone got out of bed the wrong side
;)

Ill be honest with you a perfect @ would have mag wheel and a shaft drive , maybe I should be hankering over a darskide bike
I'm not gonna say what her reaction was to this post, but I wish I had a video camera!!!

Jenna take your medicine like a good girl!!!

Kymmy :cool:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
jenna goes back to the workshop to KILL some metal and calm down!:D :D :D :D
:D I do agree with you, I love my AT to bits but I'd admit it is a bit soft-roadery. It is one of the best though.

You have to take a step back and see how well it does in every other area for a bike that is basically as jack of all trades.

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jenna goes back to the workshop to KILL some metal and calm down!:D :D :D :D
I dont ride offroad. I bought an @ cos I have loved the look of them since I saw my first one 15 years ago. But as a person who uses his bike everyday to commute, then a chain that doesnt need adjustment and oiling, cleaning, changing(ie a shaft drive) and a set of tubeless tyres without spokes wouldnt go a miss either. If I wanted to ride offroad I would by a proper offroader. @ is too heavy for serious offroading its a road version of the nxr750
thats why I like the hybrid

1 - 20 of 42 Posts