Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on a cold, wet ride today. Nearing home my indicators started playing up - lights come on but don’t flash. Same whether indicating left or right.

Hopefully just a bit of moisture in the flasher unit and will right itself when it dries out.

Anyone here experienced something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds like moisture in the indicators - open em up, clean up any corrosion and spray inside with WD-40 then I add some silicone grease esp around the bulb contact and around where the clear amber plastic seals when tightened up.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inside the lamps rather than the flasher unit? Interesting, I’ll give that a go. Thanks. Probably just go for the 100ml bottle of that fluid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
some of the old cures are the best I seen an Ogri cartoon where Malcom was getting a bit of trouble with haemorrhoids so he asked ogri what he should do about them so he advised him to soak them in paraffin oil over night then give them a good rub with a wire brush thinking they were a part that comes on a Japanese bike :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had all the bulbs out, no sign of moisture or corrosion but had a clean up anyway and reassembled. No joy.

Had the flasher unit off, sprayed around with compressed air just in case any moisture inside the unit or the connector. Reassembled, no joy.

Brought the flasher inside so I could read the part number and start searching for a replacement. Got a cheap used unit on its way to me via the Bay of E.

Went back outside to put away the bike, reconnected the flasher and also gave a quick blast of compressed air into the indicator switch on the bar.

Indicators now work. Go figure.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good practice to give the indicator switch a blast of GT85 and flick the switch left and right a few times, keeps the contacts clean and lubed. It was probably a weak contact caused by corrosion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts