Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this isn't an event worth going to then I'm not sure what is. Fiver a bike is an impressive amount of money for AfghanHeroes if there's a good turnout :thumbright:

Facebook said:
Date:
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Time:
10:30am - 2:00pm
Description
Sunday 14th March 2010

The ride will be starting at Leigh Delamere Service Station J17 (eastbound) of the M4. Please start arriving from 10:30am.

Each rider will pay £5 and receive an Afghan Heroes wristband, which will be their entry pass to RAF Lyneham. The lead riders will be leaving at 12 noon promptly. The route will be along the M4 to J16 before heading along the A-Roads towards Wootton Bassett. We will be riding through at a slow speed before continuing along to RAF Lyneham. We are honored that they are opening their gates for us and refreshments will be available.

All those attending RAF Lyneham will require to pre register giving Name, Address, DOB and Bike Registration. This is to enable security clearance to be carried out by the RAF. REGISTRATION CLOSES MONDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 2010. Anyone who does not register WILL NOT be allowed onto RAF Lyneham.

We will be riding to RAF Lyneham where there will be a presentation to hand over the funds raised for the Afghan Heroes Charity, set up last September by a group of mothers who lost their sons in Afghanistan.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY BIKERS WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE RIDE WHO HAVEN’T REGISTERED ON FACEBOOK CAN YOU ENSURE THAT THEY REGISTER ON THE SECURE SITE.

Look forward to seeing you there!
Lizzie Danny and Julia
Secure site to register:

Afghan Heroes - Charity Supporting British Forces in Afghanistan

Facebook group:

Bike Run in support of Wootton Bassett: Sunday 14th March 2010 | Facebook

Hope to see some of you there, I'll be coming with the south wales group, meeting in Aust services, hopefully with a pillion.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hope to be there Jarl, think there is a hand full of us coming up from Bordon.

Come on peeps.:thumbup:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
If I'm not working then I will attend this ride. I was totally against our involvement in this war and still think our troops should be withdrawn but politics aside I am keen to show support for these brave souls.

Bob.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What a great idea...:thumbup:
Quiet handy for me as I live in Banbury...Any idea on what time we will be heading back? I have some prior arrangements for the evening...;)

A great cause and a great opportunity to meet some off the guy's from the forum...

Nice one..:blob7:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Traditionally I have to don apron and wait hand and foot on m'lady all day,the normal,breakfast in bed,children seen and not heard,rose petals in her bath and rose chilling in every cold spot available in the house,you know the normal guilt driven yearly enslavery that thankfully ends at midnight.
I working on getting out of it though,not sure it will be a successful campaign but fingers are crossed.If i get the nod I'll be there.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Traditionally I have to don apron and wait hand and foot on m'lady all day,the normal,breakfast in bed,children seen and not heard,rose petals in her bath and rose chilling in every cold spot available in the house,you know the normal guilt driven yearly enslavery that thankfully ends at midnight.
I working on getting out of it though,not sure it will be a successful campaign but fingers are crossed.If i get the nod I'll be there.
Right ! so I'll meet you where then ?

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
I will if I can. A fine event.

Could I ask folk to consider wearing a TLD hi-viz to the ride to drum up sponsorship and riders to boost the coffers of Help for Heroes?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have put myself down as a maybe...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I hope to be there.

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Crikey! Good turn out! do you think they will get 7 1/2 thousand bikes in the car park of that place?!?

·
Stone Crazy
5,316 Posts
Total number of bikes already registered: 7649
Total number of riders already registered: 10551 (inc pillion)

thats as of tonight

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Total number of bikes already registered: 7649
Total number of riders already registered: 10551 (inc pillion)

thats as of tonight
Should be interesting in a motorway service station and on the M4 when they leave. :D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I should be going , pity they did'nt have a meeting place on the London side,we got to ride past Wootten Basset to get to the sevices that will more than likey be over flowing with bikes but hey lets just see what happens :blob8:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts