Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this is to be an annual event :thumbup: This just in by email to the registered riders :-

Dear Bikers,
Wow guys what an amazing, emotional and moving day.
We have adopted this as our official annual ride - Afghan Heroes and Julia Stevenson have aleady begun the planning, so will see you all again next year.
Thank you for all your support and help in making yesterdays ride so amazing, we were absolutely amazed with the response from the Biking community us mums have never been kissed by so many bikers we and Afghan Heroes are very proud to be associated with you Bikers, we do hope we can together put on more events, we are already looking at a Rally in June of this year.
Our boys and girls would be rocking up there with the biggest smiles on their faces. You were absolutely fantastic and did them proud and we thank you for that.
We are having Afghan Heroes flags made and what would be nice is if everybody could fly one from their homes and their bikes, yesterday through you bikers we showed our troops that we were behind them now let's fly are flags as a nation and show the government solidarity.
We were very sorry that we ran out of wrist bands, unfortunately the Chinese customs seized some of them and wouldn't let us get them out of the Country in time.
If you click the following link and log in with your email address and bike registration (the same ones you registered for the event with), you can request your event wristband, as well as registering to allow us to claim Gift Aid which means that for every £1 you donated, we can claim 28p from HMRC (Inland Revenue); helping your donation go further. The current total for money raised on the day is £90,177.80, but with your help and gift aid this will pass the £100,000.
http://www.afghanheroes.org.uk/bikersevent.asp

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I need to register now ,dont want to mis out on one of the most memorable meaningfull days I have ever had,and i'll bring my wife so she can understand what this meant to so many people this time.
The people of Wootten Bassett and bikers rule:eek:ccasion5:

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Hi All.

Was indeed a great day not to be missed, pity the police organisation was poor at the airfield but the marshalls were all doing their best to make the event run smoothly. I did meet up with Dr Law (bless you) and she told me other XRVers were there but did not see any of you, there was a RWB XRV750 just ahead of me from the south west (was it you?) white tourX helmet. The ride through Wooton Basset was very moving indeed and I felt so humbled by everyone there, all in all, a wonderful day and can't wait to do it again.

Rog.:thumbup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
and I felt so humbled by everyone there
Yeah, so true. They were all saying thankyou, but it's the residents of WB who are the real heroes, I came out for a day long ride with a pillion in lovely weather, they honour every soldier that comes through that town.

The ride restored my faith in sensible people with opinions that'll support a good cause. Thankyou, WB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts