Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out for a bimble with my SO and after a stop of at J&S in Northwich I was informed I was going to have tea at the Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen... Fired up the 'alp and headed towards the armpit of the borders, Wrexham.

Rather than cutting across to Llangollen from Oswestry as the sat nav wanted, I headed out to to Ruthin before taking the road over the pass from the North. For about 3 miles before the turn onto the A542 0ver the top, the A525 appeared to have a top surface that has completely come apart. The bike felt as if it had a flat front, then it shimmied and then felt as if the rear was low and this went on for a fair way! Truly horrible and to my feeling on how the bikes was behaving, dangerous.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Out for a bimble with my SO and after a stop of at J&S in Northwaich I was informed I was going to have tea at the Ponderosa Cafe on the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen... Fired up the 'alp and headed towards the armpit of the borders, Wrexham.

Rather than cutting across to Llangollen from Oswestry as the sat nav wanted, I headed out to to Ruthin before taking the road over the pass from the North. For about 3 miles before the turn onto the A542 0ver the top, the A525 appeared to have a top surface that has completely come apart. The bike felt as if it had a flat front, then it shimmied and then felt as if the rear was low and this went on for a fair way! Truly horrible and to my feeling on how the bikes was behaving, dangerous.
Great stuff, that means it'll be a proper green lane by next year :iconbiggrin:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great stuff, that means it'll be a proper green lane by next year :iconbiggrin:
I assumed it was a move by the Traffic Heddlu to cut speeds, yet increase accidents in one fell swoop!

Another Winter and we will need TKC's up there... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts