Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Never heard of TOR before, sorry. Looks good value, though there are the usual question marks over reliability and longevity. On the home page the company doesn't seem to have identified its target market:

Aimed at the more serious offroad rider... competition orientated...
... its an ideal dual sport bike for week day commuter and weekend trail / green lane offroad use...
So it's competition oriented but for use other than competitions. :confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That site is setting off alarm bells in my head. Got to be chinese tat.

No real mention of where the bikes are made. If they're made outside China you'd splash it all over the website. If they're Chinese I'd go to great lengths to not mention it.

Love the 'key features' too.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I thought I'd have a look on google for a dealer the other side of the Forth that I know sells that sort of bike. I didn't find any mention of this particular bike but I did see this in the reviews.

i bought a bike from this company it was new and it has been back 7 times for repair since the final time they could not repair it and would not give my money back. the guy who sold me the bike a harry potter look a like mark told me that they had done all they could do and it was my fault for buying a cheap £1400 bike. the guy with the wig and the glass eye robert i think was his name said that he would give me £750 for it because he said that he buys them new for £825 i think this is disgraceful and i am not very happy about it they seemed so genuine at first.‎

Makes me want to rush out and give them some money :)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It does look familiar a driver at work has a bike similar to it but with a different name "Pulse".

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
This is nothing like a Chinese meal. If you have one you will NOT be wanting another :D. Leave it Phillip,unless you want a pair of busted forks up your nostrils like a pair of chop sticks.These bikes are generally real low grade metal. (bit like some BM's :rolleyes:).The blokes punting them in the UK are only 'Dealers' as in 'wheeler dealers' :)

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
I wouldn't criticise someone without knowing more... BUT....:D
If you click on their 'Contact Us', 'About Us', or their Links to their website, it always brings you back to the same place, with no address.
Mmm a little scary, but what the heck, here's my PIN number, 1234 :rolleyes:
Always give me an address at least....

·
2,701 Posts
Typical chinese throw away.

I was chatting to a guy selling similar bikes at Rufforth recently, he said the factory will badge them with any name you want. He buys a container full and keeps 2 or 3 back for spare part's.

Save yourself the bother and get an xr250, or the xr230 with electric start.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from china that you plug in the mains,you eat from,you put flammable liquid in or travels faster than I could walk. They have millions of tons of scrap metal over there that is melted down, ungraded and full of impurities because their manufacturing processes are like something fom the industrial revolution.
We are having sheet metal cabinets made over there and they seem to weigh twice as much as the same cabinets we used to have made over here in sheffield mainly because the steel has the same properties as cast iron and the strength of a baked bean tin. To top it all they're rusty as hell as they arrive at the port and we can't send them back because the shipping would cost more than we paid for them!
I would not give them a bean for it if it's more likely to kill me than make me smile.

Stay alive my learned friend.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
My boy had a chinese scooter at 16 as did 3 of his mates, within 3 months they were all broke unable to get parts. Never again!!

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
cant/wont comment on the quality but i do know that engine!... its a chinease clone made by Loncin... (they are well know for Honda lawn mower engine rip offs and have in the past cloned yamaha bike engines).

With out checking i would then guess the bike is also made by Loncin too as they make a shed load of budget 50-250cc bikes out of China.

·
Hi SuperNintendo Chalmers
248 Posts
Alot of the Imports are made by the same company, uk companys just buy diff graphics,

I have been to see one of these bikes they are not that bad for a 2 mile ride to Collage and back,But nothing more..

but TBH they are really cheap tack,that will rust after about 3 months use, steer well clear..

Pulse are not that bad the plastic is thicker, and build quality will last you longer,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts