Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my xrv ever its a real usefull peice of kit.

Thats how I usually get a new bike by doing a swop with cash that go's either way do not like going to dealers they take too much cream for me.
Suppose it depends how well off you are though.
Would still swop my vara for a black xrv though that go's without saying.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
In theory I would.. but right now there is no bike on the market that IMHO is worth swapping Anubis in for... So I guess not..

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
I would more than Happily swap my 05 Baby Varadero for an 07 Transalp. Any offers :p

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
For my lanky legs, there's not that much choice really - as might be the case for some other folk on here. I wouldn't swap Boris for my old GS thou and since I've had him, the only thing I've really wanted is another that I can strip down and taking on adventures :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not my xrv ever its a real usefull peice of kit.

Thats how I usually get a new bike by doing a swop with cash that go's either way do not like going to dealers they take too much cream for me.
Suppose it depends how well off you are though.
Would still swop my vara for a black xrv though that go's without saying.
As it says on my fav t-shirt.

MY GIRL - YES. MY DOG - MAYBE. MY BIKE - NEVER!!:tongue3:

L

·
0 Posts
My main bike is a GPz900r, fantastic sports tourer, gives newer sports bikes a run for thier money but is comfortable over distance.

Only bike I'd swap her for is probably either the newest ZZR or my favorite the CBR1100XX

Kymmy :cool:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
My main bike is a GPz900r, fantastic sports tourer, gives newer sports bikes a run for thier money but is comfortable over distance.

Only bike I'd swap her for is probably either the newest ZZR or my favorite the CBR1100XX

Kymmy :cool:
How about one of these?

Fast, economical and comfortable. Yet another I was sorry to see go.

·
2,428 Posts
How about one of these?...snip
Man - that is awesome. I'd completely forgotten how much I coveted a ZZR 1100...
Too late, i want one, I want one, I want one :blob6:

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big fan of the gpz900r have owned 2 first owned one when I was 19 but the zzr11 thats a god among motorcycles.
Still would not swop my xrv for one though:D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Go on, SC! I know you'd swap it for this:

·
ignore the vain
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know where there is one of those 6 cyclinder hondas now in a shed with light fire damage after a naggy girlfriend attack who wont sell it though!
Awesome thing to see on the road.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Ouch. Came across one a few years ago, out in the sticks...

Guy didn't want to sell it, wanted to fix it up some day and it should fetch at least 10.000 euro. Given the state it was in I'd say that was... Ambitious.

So what did it look like?

Ready?

It's a most impractical white elephant of a bike, but damn it's lovely. ;-)

S

·
0 Posts

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!
What an abomination!! Way way way too many cylinders!
Another case of Honda building something because they can, and never sitting down and wondering if they should. At least when Benelli made a six, they did it with style, honda just Jam a car engine into a bike frame. It looks like some sort of shiney desert fortress!
Who ever invented it had a severe problem with the size of his manhood and has soooo over compensated;)
Nope one pot's enough thank you:D I'll except twins, but that's my limit!;) :D

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
yes but your license was relieved.

I wouldnt swop twinkletoes at the moment, I have done too much to it to leave it go. No I am just going to have to aim for 2 bikes :D

Nah this made my license quake

God I miss making the world go into reverse, I can feel the pull from the dark side again:(

·
2,428 Posts
...snip
Ha - you know me so well! I'm old enough to have dribbled over the crop of mad multi-cylinders beasts from the early 70s :D
And there were some good things about my GS 1000 S - mostly that awesome motor. So much sheer grunt! But I stretched chains and ate rear tyres like a good un, so it was stupidly expensive to run as a daily hack.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts