Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!!

What a trip!

So far i've done just 1434 miles from home in north Wales down to Calella near Barcelona in Spain.
And what roads!!! (well apart from the motorways of course)
They've been fantastic!
They twist, they turn, they bend, they run straight and all the time the views have been just amazing.

I'll do a full picture heavy write up when I get back but for now .... here's a few tasters :D :D :D

Now I just need to decide which roads to come back on ... I might plan that tonight sitting by the pool with a nice glass of cold beer :D :D
BUT not a whisky ... I bought a shot (large) of Knockando last night --- 8.40 euros it cost me :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ready to go.

Normandy D-Day memorial - The Charlie 1

Top of the Col

Hot springs in Spain (if I'd have looked closely I might have gone down for a dip :lol: ) - Well someone did ask for topless photos!

The way on

Oh goody, another bend

Another boring road :D

Count the twists

Gorge-ous

More twisties

Have fun in lovely UK and I'll be thinking off you as I travel back through the Vercors, Ecrins and the Alps :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the bike looks the biz I love the sheep skin panniers and best of all the minions :D wow is right it looks out of this world looking forward to more . safe travels :thumbleft:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post the route maps when I post a full report. Some are on Strava, I think I'm batmancaver on there as well.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have pictures from that same tank, that I shot in June 2016, a few days after D-Day celebrations, during my 10 weeks trip.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice bike and by the sounds of it along with the photos a great trip. Keep it coming.
Nick.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one

C28, Ordessa and all the others all great roads

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Part Two starts tomorrow.
Head from Calella along the coastal roads and then inland over to Carcassone. Then onto the Millau bridge. Then to the Camarque.
After that boring motorways to Nice then north and up the Col de la Bonnette.
After that I head for the Vercors and then onto the Alps

See you when I get back!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm home at last, remind me never to move to London area though .... that M25/M1 is HELL !!!

All in all I've travelled 3852 miles.

Taken over a thousand photographs!

Ascended and descended countless cols and passes!

And

Lost count of the number of bends I've done!

This may be a rather large trip report!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts