Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Getting there
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking to fit some wrap around guards but I am not sure which will fit/look best. I have seen some acerbis ones and also bike tech. But I would like some advice before I buy them. Hopefully some members have either type and would suggest which would fit easily and if possible some pics please. I have a 1997 RD07a and want orange guards

Thanks

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
also the suzuki wee strom guard can be fitted apparently :angel1:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I have Acerbis Multiplo Rally :thumbup: as seen on Cyril Depres' bikes over the years

see here for pictures:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/longest-day-2010/47753-paul-s-tld10-ride-report.html

They fit well but dont use their handle bar internals and ensure you fit them with the bar end weights ( i have the weights inside the wrap around alluminium bar)

I've dropped it a few times and hit some small trees and bushes off road and apart from a few scratches they are perfect

The good thing about them is you can buy replacement plastics and they are not that expensive to replace and are available in a range of colours

The guards and fitting kit come to around £80 ish

Whealie has just fitted some so he would have a more up to date pricing

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Whealie has just fitted some so he would have a more up to date pricing
Highly recommend them. Can't remember how much I paid though - it was well over a year ago.

The supplier PaulS recommended had trouble getting them in the UK so it took a few weeks.

·
Getting there
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Highly recommend them. Can't remember how much I paid though - it was well over a year ago.

The supplier PaulS recommended had trouble getting them in the UK so it took a few weeks.
Did you have to make any major changes to fit them on or was it reasonably straight forward?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Did you have to make any major changes to fit them on or was it reasonably straight forward?
I think I explained the bike I wanted to fit them on and they came with the relevant mounts. It was easy, though I think I needed a couple of longer handlebar bolts as, like Paul, I mounted them outside the bar end weights.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts