Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked the bike this morning at a friends house. As we were talking inside, we heard their 11 yr old niece screaming. We run out and my bike's on its side with her hobbling and screaming. Turns out she tried to climb on it, opposite the sidestand and it fell in her. Dommies are lightweight but not when it the handlebar end lands on a skinny kneecap. Bruise the size of guam and one tank and sidepanel passionately kissed by the only slab of rock on the ground. Kids are more important so i didnt go ape and still not going to BUT i now have a "memento" on my otherwise pristine bodywork. Someone pass me a joint the size of Saturn V. ...........

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I know how you feel Mark when my boy was a toddler he lifted the the handle on the jack up stand my xr was on, which fell on top of him leaving a big lump and bruise on his head there was a shovel alongside the bike which ripped the seat open which was like new :( I was gutted about the bike seat but i was more concerned that the boy was ok and after he recovered tried to educate him about the dangers around the bike. I did however have a few choice words for the wife for using the garage to go in and out the house with the kids instead of the front door

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
My daughter at an age of around 16 jumped on my Dominator while it was parked in the front garden and dropped it on it's side. She was undamaged apart from pride as she had friends round. Bike was fine other than a few marks.

Bloody kids.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chaps. Still a bit miffed though. At least she wont be doing it again! I don't think she'll forget that in a hurry. Still glad she didnt loose a knee cap or worse. Bloody kids. :) :)

Not like the time i "borrowed" my dads company jeep(proper willys) when I was 10, drove it down a slope in out garden, thru a fence and into,the river. " Bloody kids" my dad said as his belt kissed my butt....:) :)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
once you can ride on and the child walks or even limps away crying its no great harm . I heard of children playing on a tractor that was hard to start so left parked on a slope to bump it with the front loader left up one child pulled the leaver dropping the bucket or silage grab or what ever killing one of the little lads . :(

still a pity about the damage to the bike all the same . children will be children I broke tons of stuff when I was young and not so young as well .

·
Registered
695 Posts
Parked the bike this morning at a friends house. As we were talking inside, we heard their 11 yr old niece screaming. We run out and my bike's on its side with her hobbling and screaming. Turns out she tried to climb on it, opposite the sidestand and it fell in her. Dommies are lightweight but not when it the handlebar end lands on a skinny kneecap. Bruise the size of guam and one tank and sidepanel passionately kissed by the only slab of rock on the ground. Kids are more important so i didnt go ape and still not going to BUT i now have a "memento" on my otherwise pristine bodywork. Someone pass me a joint the size of Saturn V. ...........
Sorry to be the weazel here, but if my daughter damaged someone's bike I'd pay for the repairs!
Obviously making sure the kid is OK is prime, but you've suffered a financial loss as a result and the parents of the child are legally liable to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
True dit

I had just got off my bike was walking away taking of my helmet , I hear a loud scream a kid had seen me get off ran up to bike for some reason known only
to him grabbed the down pipe of the exhaust
.I turn around to be chastised by the mother for parking so close to the pavement

gods honest

:eek:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
'kin 'ell!! what are kids on now a days! maybe its the first "grabable" thing he could reach. i bet he won't be doing that again either. maybe its how they have to learn. i went to see my friends again today and they did offer to pay for the damage but i told them no need. i couldnt do it to close friends especially when their daughter was wearing a big fat bandage on her knee!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'm still working on a force field that zap's anyone that comes within 6 inches of my bike with 1000 volts . I haven't quite got it right its already claimed the lives of 2 sweet little old lady's who were just walking past it in the street and just got a little close . their poor old tickers weren't up to it god rest them :toothy9:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts