Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Bennetts... Complete and utter f**ing W***ers !!!!

Continuing from my early post about adding an After Market (TT) fuel tank to my Bike and the effects on insurance... here... and subsequently being put into referral...

The T*ssers have written to me today and cancelled my Policy outright due to an 'unacceptable risk'... No Premium hike, no negotiation, nothing... Just please could I post back my Insurance Policy within 7 days! Obviously they were kind enough to point out in their letter that keeping a vehicle on road without insurance is an offence!!!

Me Not a happy Chappy!!!! :confused3:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Bennetts... Complete and utter f**ing W***ers !!!!

Continuing from my early post about adding an After Market (TT) fuel tank to my Bike and the effects on insurance... here... and subsequently being put into referral...

The T*ssers have written to me today and cancelled my Policy outright due to an 'unacceptable risk'... No Premium hike, no negotiation, nothing... Just please could I post back my Insurance Policy within 7 days! Obviously they were kind enough to point out in their letter that keeping a vehicle on road without insurance is an offence!!!

Me Not a happy Chappy!!!! :confused3:
dude no matter how unhappy you are just remember your beef is with the companys policys not the people who work there

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
I had insurance refused when I got my first Africa Twin. I was with an insurer that had a limit of 900cc, but who had allowed me to insure my FJ1200 for at least 5 years with no trouble because of my long no claims history. I part exed it for my first AT only to be told they were dropping me because it was a higher theft risk being the sort of bike that kids would nick for field riding. I was bit gobsmacked but just had to switch insurers.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think what bugged me most was the fact when you try to do the right thing, in this case be honest, they just sh*g you...

How many of us declare all our modifications, K&N Air filters up? When I did all they did was stomp on me... It's not as if the Fuel Tank increases performance, it doesn't, in fact the weight issue does the reverse...

chad said:
"dude no matter how unhappy you are just remember your beef is with the companys policys not the people who work there"
Agreed it's down to the underwriters, but their approach to the referral and cancellation was somewhat lacking in Customer Services Skills... I had to make all the running which included long conversations with them...

Anyways... It might be a blessing, think I've found a cheaper quote on EBike :rolleyes:

Ta

G

·
LOL, try Norwich Union. Their call centre is a few thousand miles away and lately I got that pi$$ed off with them that I cancelled and went elsewhere. They then tried (and I put real emphasis on the word TRIED) to charge me a 50+ pound cancellation fee. Some hope!!!

Kymmy :cool:

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, try Norwich Union. Their call centre is a few thousand miles away and lately I got that pi$$ed off with them that I cancelled and went elsewhere.
Can you guess who Bennets were using? Yep your friends Norwich Union! :rolleyes:

G

·
Can you guess who Bennets were using? Yep your friends Norwich Union! :rolleyes:
The norwich union is our car insurance, for my bike it's KGM with Bennetts as the brokers. Probably not NU as it's a classic policy (hence the 90UKP fully comp for a 900cc 115BHP GPz900R)

Kymmy :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts