Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year To All!
Can anyone tell me,can i reuse the head gasket,as i'm doing a top end rebuild,if i reanneal it, or do i need a new one?
many thanks,Paul.

·
They say I talk too much.
334 Posts
I use the same gasket twice and then replace it. But of course, replacing it every time is the safer way to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that,i'll take your advice -has anyone got a good scource for the gasket -pricewise.
many thanks.Paul.:king:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that,and thanks for all your help,best,Paul.
P.s can anyone give good advice about checking over the oil pump-i want to make sure its all o.k before firing up again.:confused:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Thanks for that,and thanks for all your help,best,Paul.
P.s can anyone give good advice about checking over the oil pump-i want to make sure its all o.k before firing up again.:confused:
If you crank the engine over without the plug you should see oil entering the head.

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
If you crank the engine over without the plug you should see oil entering the head.
Agreed. Mount the head with all bolts, including the oil pipe, then remove the right admission valve cover. Crank over without the plug and oil should be pouring into the top end.

Honda mechanics suggested that if the oil pump is not working properly the first part that will fail will be the non-pressurized lubrication of the head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts