Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for this washer. I can find tons of oil drain plug washers, but the only coolant drain plug washer I can find is a 6 Euro in Norway or a 4 Euro at cmsnl.com.
I can get 30 oil drain plug washers for the same price as 1 coolant drain plug washer. Pretty ridiculous.
Can I use washers made out of fiber? the red ones? or thin brass ones, instead of copper or aluminium?
It is a 6mm diameter hole.
Or does anyone here know of a webshop to get these types of spare parts that does not cost an arm and a leg?
Best Regards
motomanrtw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Wicky and thanks for your answer.
I looked at ebay for coolant drain plug washer honda transalp xl 650.
All I got was a lot of oil drain plug washers :)
I have the parts number from cmsnl.com but will bookmark the bike-parts-honda.com site also, thanks :)
I think cmsnl.com does not have ONLY original parts, but Athena and All Balls chinese crap as well.
Athena and All Balls has a very bad rep when looking at feedback from other users of their products.
Thank you for the link for the aluminium washers on ebay :)
All the best
motomanrtw

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
I've always reused them & they've been fine as have the drain plug washers (come to think of it I can't recall replacing a sump plug washer in more over 15 years or so) failing that just find a suitable copper or alloy washer, I'm sure fibre would be fine too but would be tempted to add a bit of stud lock.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've always reused them & they've been fine as have the drain plug washers (come to think of it I can't recall replacing a sump plug washer in more over 15 years or so) failing that just find a suitable copper or alloy washer, I'm sure fibre would be fine too but would be tempted to add a bit of stud lock.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I am the same, don't really bother changing the washers. Nothing gone wrong yet.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
We use fibre washers in work and they are shite after a few years exposed to the weather they start breaking down. If the original one is still in good condition i would re-use it (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for replying.
I checked to see if this one company near me, Wurth, had such copper washers and lo and behold they did :)
Will get them on monday. A little more expensive than those on ebay, but with freight added there will not be too much difference.
50 washer for 14.2mm diameter oil drain plug and 50 washers 6.2mm diameter, both of these are inner diameters, for about 26 Euro total.
So I have enough for my lifetime hehe :)
I pay about the same for 50 washers coolant drain plug as I would for 2 !! washers original Honda at the dealer ship. Insane pricing from Honda.

Talking about pricing, the left hand switch gear on the 2006 Transalp with blinkers, horn, lights etc : the light switch from low to high beam gets messed up.
Plenty have trouble with this, and it seems to be a weakness on this bike.
I asked for price on this : 220 Euro in Norway.
On cmsnl.com the same item, and they said this is an OEM Honda part : 105 Euro.
Someone in Norway makes alot of money on Honda parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts