Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks,
I had an intermittent fault with my 700 for months now. Sometimes it would't start and then sometimes engine would cut out when handlebars were turned to the right. Yesterday I decided to have a proper look and after looking for frayed wires or something out of ordinary I pulled on the wire bundle that goes from the ignition barrel (HISS part) into the connector under the frame and the fuel pump started priming every time I did that. After a while a solid red FI light came on and the fuel pump would not prime and the engine would not start. I thought it must be the connector from the HISS or one of the wires, I inspected them and checked the connector but it is still the same. I checked the fuel pump with multi meter according to the manual instructions but it seems to be fine.
I checked the relays and fuses, all OK. Any ideas? The engine cranks, but fuel pump does not come on. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved, it was broken wires inside HISS antena. Key could not be read so no ignition. What a pain in the backside. Soldered for now as new part is £180.00! I hate new technology, I'll take a carbureted bike over FI any time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts