Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a rear hugger for an xl1000v they'd part with? Preferably black.

Cheers Garry

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry Garry, don't have a hugger for you but if its the rear shock your trying to protect you could make a splash guard/protector out of some plastic or rubber. Took me about an hour to measure, make and fit one to my Vara.

Of course, if its the look of the hugger you're wanting then disregard the above.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks taking the time to reply. At the moment i have a mudflaps fitted to protect the shocker, but I was looking for a hugger to reduce all the spray thrown outwards from the back wheel. Thanks again for taking the time to comment though. Gaz

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I made a splash guard for my Transalp out of a piece of inner tube on cost me pennies to make I drilled 3 holes in the bottom of the mud guard and used cabel ties to fasten it on and a couple of more on the swinging arm I left it hang down to cover the shock link from the rear wheel probably don't make much odds as the front wheel still sprays water on it ? . I should have got an assistant to help me and make markings when It has a rider on board because it folded up and got rubbed by the tyre making a bit of a hole . I will get the next one right I still have some inner tube and a bag of cable ties . I think I remember someone growling about huggers direct water and road dirt on to the drive chain what's good for the shock is bad for the drive chain ? I don't know about the design of a varadero one though . I have heard of a shock sock no experience of them only know they exist and they help keep muck off a shock .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck with your search mate. I've seen some on ebay, quite expensive though for what it is.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a Varadero hugger sitting on the shelf in my local Honda dealers. I'm sure they'd ship it for you. Belfast Honda 028 90796878
[h=5][/h]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, but I got sorted via another forum. Got a really good deal on a used mint one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts