Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
Im a newbie and just touching base, just bought a 1979 XL 250S to restore I have no got her running , now ready for stripping needs some bits main issuie will be wiring loom, any way new to this forum idea , if you like pictures of before or after then if anyone is interested I can post on here if someone gives me aclue how.
I love the smell of oil, but not these computer tablets, however i mayneed it for help:lol:
Regards all
Geffers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome:)

You could open a Flickr or Photobucket account then copy the URL where it says 'share' and paste it into the Build thread you create.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Just noticed you're in Norfolk Geffers. Was your bike won on ebay in Cromer by any chance?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Welcome to the mad house and good luck with your build.
I have a workshop manual for sale that covers 250cc and 500cc models from 1979-1984.
You can have it for £10 plus postage.:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I did win it on ebay but from oxford, shenee

Hi I did win it on ebay but from oxford and picked it up about a week ago, it needs some love and bits but that the fun I reckon and then get out there on it .im hoping to get it on the road by April I will make a new wiring loom as mine is rotten fit new clutch and give the engine a rebuild , new paint job and respoke the wheels.so I will be on here for some help no doubt and then find out if there is a local meet somewhere. My wife has now got a christmass list sorted.lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer but my wife has orderd me one for birthday however if you have any bits or now anyone who has please put them in touch ireally need the light switch gear/indicator switch are the parts used on any other honda bikes do you know .im of to a few bike shows and autojumbles to see whats about, sorry about the grama but the first thing I need to learn is how to use this poxy keyboard on a tablet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try this out , fingers cross , it would be nice to share peoples opions also say where im going wrong with the build as I would like to get back to it original as I can . Would you know where I can get the name of the paint as my log book just say red! I went to a Honda shop no help at all as its not on there system
Cheers

Geffers

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I'm sure they'll be someone along to help with the paint code. as for the build thread, start a new or use this one.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
If you look at my flat tracker build in the dominator section of the site , the tank I painted on mine is as close to Honda red as I could find.
I bought it in a spray tin from German ebay, its a two pack paint with the hardener in the bottom of the can.
I painted mine then baked it in my oven for 20 minutes at 100c and its really good IMHO:thumbup:
Let me know if you would like me to post you a link to it ,its about £13 plus shipping and one can was enough to do three coats on my tank and side panels.
You dont have to use primer, just paint onto bare metal. :clown::clown::clown:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome Geffers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts