Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im new to the forum and had a question about a bike i started rebuilding, the bike is a XL500 R Paris-dakar edition (1983 i think?) when i got the bike it was in regular condition, not running as some parts where missing, unluckily the carburetor is one of them. After checking around the internet for a couple hours i still cant come across a xl500 r carburetor for sale, is there any place i could get hold of one? any other obtainable carburetor that could do the job?

here are the carburetor's specs:

carb.png

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, i'll take a look at those other carbs! I got the bike a couple days ago (was in a friends old barn), decided to try and rebuild it with a friend of mine, the bike was in alright condition considering its 30 years old, altough some parts were missing.

Note: It's my first time getting in such a project, bike-wise, i have only owned an ATV a couple years ago and did some minor fixes to it, so my mechanical knowledge is limited (i do know most of the basic stuff, given im pretty passionate for cars and bikes) so you will be seeing me around here a lot :D

Here is the bike in the condition i got it yesterday (i have the tank and seat, they were taken off minutes before):

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Today i spent the whole day taking the bike apart, (i took the time to take pictures of every step to have a guide when reassembling):

Next i'll try to give the engine a check to see if everything is good and repaint the frame, while scavenging for missing parts around the web!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts