Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ,and thanks for looking.
i'm rebuilding a 1986 600 rmg and i have come to a halt.has anyone got the diagram for the starter motor idler gears so i know where all the washers/shims etc
go.i have a clymer manual,but it goes into just a lttle detail for the xr650 and the arrangement is different.
ideally a downloadable manual would be great.thanks,Paul.:thumbup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cant help you with the diagram but i do have a starter motor knocking around, it was of an 86 xl600lmf, i would imagine they are the same.:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer,but i believe the starter is o.k[i say that, now thats the kiss of death!]
its the arrangement of idler/intermediate gears thats the confusion.a picture speaks a thousand words[they say]
i'm trying to put it all back together.
thanks again,Paul.:thumbright:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect-just what the doctor ordered!
Thanks a lot for that,you have no idea what time and grief you have saved me!
How easy are the manuals to get hold of?The clymer is o.k ish but the photo's are poor and they cover too many models to do the job well.
thanks again,Paul.

p.s
I have a 2007 tdm 900 too,are you on the carpe tdm forum?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Perfect-just what the doctor ordered!
Thanks a lot for that,you have no idea what time and grief you have saved me!
How easy are the manuals to get hold of?The clymer is o.k ish but the photo's are poor and they cover too many models to do the job well.
thanks again,Paul.

p.s
I have a 2007 tdm 900 too,are you on the carpe tdm forum?

Mine came with the bike but I'm sure photocopied ones are available through main dealers.
Yeap on carpe too.:thumbup:

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I have found a Clymer manual for the XR/XL 500-650 singles #M339. There's a worthwhile exploded diagram of the way that the starter motor reduction gear shafts & washers sequence etc....the photo's are quite good as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts