Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 1987 XL600R (PD04) and it was recently stolen and recovered (luckily no damage and hardly any miles put on) its a great runner and copes pretty well off road. I am looking at turning into an overland bike by way of a few simple mods.

I have acquired a 1987 XL600L 28 litre Pairs to Dakar tank and seat unit. As of yet I haven't tried to fit them. I have also acquired a Dominator 650 fuel cap (for the 28L tank, but doesn't fit 100%) and the tank mounting bung bracket.

Does anyone know what modifications will need to be made?

I am also looking for a twin headlight unit (XL600L) and side panels (XL600L).

I am not trying to fully replicate an XL600L I just want a few of the benefits and then be able to convert easily back to a XL-R for using on harder green lanes.

has anyone had over heating problems on these (as I was looking at fitting an oil cooler)

Thanks

JP

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Never had the XLr but did have an lm-f. Side panels and twin headlight are difficult to get hold of. Think the last few people got them from Ebay italy, was a bigger seller over there. As for it all fitting I don't know for sure but I bet you get it on somehow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have struggled to find lights and panels. The tank and seat were a pure lucky coincidence, I'm fairly sure I won't see them come around for a while.... lots of people seemed to have stopped talking about these bikes around 2009-2011....

I just hope there still out there.... If you check on 'how many' it says only around 18 are registered in the UK anymore... 50 SORN...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts