Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been looking at the requirements for ULEZ bikes, and I cannot work out if my 600 will pass or not? I called Honda and they cannot give me a CoC for the bike (too old). Has anyone had the emissions (I think it is only the NoX output that they care about?!) tested? Am I able to get a certificate saying I am within the limits and send that to TFL as proof?

Welcome any and all insights!
Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is a test centre somewhere in South London but it isn't cheap. Some of the TA 650 have passed. I didn't here anything about the 600.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your help. Have got in contact with Riverside Motorcycles who (I think?!) are the only people who can get a cert allowing you to pass the ULEZ. I asked if they had had any XL600s that had passed and they said they had.

They have tested well in the past. Book it in and I am sure we can get it through.
Seems like good news to me. I think they can just fiddle with the carbs a bit to make it run a bit leaner for the duration of the test. (Unsure as to the legality of that, but as long as it is them doing it and not me, its all good).

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I can't remember the last time I even saw a Transalp 600 in London, apart from mine

Just make sure you lock it up, as they are very easy to steal and scrotes seem to love taking that style bikes

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Think before you book in. £175 for the test, but if it fails you're looking at a retest fee of another 50 odd. Plus re jetting labour at £XX per hour + parts, they may also tell you they can insert a CAT unit (from £120 odd +) which is not, I believe retro fit'able to an 80's Twin motor.
.........Hundreds of quid possibly, It's your call.

As I see it, twins and singles that were not designed with CAT's in mind won't benefit in any way from having one fitted ? Some one tell me I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts