Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to you all, when I managed to get my hands on my Tranny in 2013 it needed a tidy up to make it a usable bike so I set about sorting the rear suspension & (seized) swing arm linkage, I powder coated the rear swing arm, popped steel braided brake hoses & heated grips on as well as two new tyres & a chain & sprockets.

The bike served me well for a few years of commuting before I moved too close to home to justify it so it's been stored in the garage since just waiting for me to have the time to finish the job properly.

That day is nearly here.

It has 24k miles on the clock, I plan to strip it down, check everything over & clean it all up, trying to keep everything as original as possible. The improvements I am planning are;

Exhaust - I'm drawn to the Arrow Dakar Race silencer Stainless steel £255.42

Engine crash bars - GIVI TN363 Specific Engine Guard - buy cheap ▷ FC-Moto

Hoses - HONDA XL 600 V TRANSALP 1987-1993 HIGH PERFORMANCE SILICONE RADIATOR HOSES BLUE

I'm in a dilemma about the colour, I apologise to anyone who likes the colour but in all but bright sunlight it does nothing for me. I always prefer to keep my bikes in standard trim but I love the anniversary colours.

Question 1 is would you lot think bad of me if i paint a '94 bike in anniversary colours?

Second question, is there anything else I should update/renew whilst the bike is on the bench? Is there something I should pay particular attention to?

Just to clarify, I'm not really concerned about any changes making the bike more difficult to sell, this one is a keeper ;-)

All advice & opinions gratefully received.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
well, i always prefer bikes to be in standard trim

personally. i think the stock honda OEM silencer looks best on the 600 transalps. all the aftermarket ones may never look right to me

i would install a braided front brake hose, that will improve the brakes a lot

if i had to respray a 600 transalp i would go for one of these schemes, to make it look more like an early one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the swift response DS99, I've done the braided hoses, you're right it made a massive difference, money well spent.
I really like the first image, white with blue & red, I think you may sway me.
I'm normally loathed to change exhausts however I had to do a small repair on the original then repainted it so had it set in my mind that it may not last (although it's still going strong.) At £600+ for an OEM steel replacement I don't fancy paying Honda's prices. I looked at a number of alternatives, I like the lines of the Arrow & of course Stainless Steel means it should outlast me.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts