Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I identify the 'low' seat? Mine has a part # 77200-MCB-6100 on it, but I assume this is just the no. for the plastic base?

·
Registered
897 Posts
How can I identify the 'low' seat? Mine has a part # 77200-MCB-6100 on it, but I assume this is just the no. for the plastic base?
I posted the following in a earlier thread, thought the info. on the thickness might help you.

''Iv'e just bought a genuine 650lowseat ( to customise ) its got 77200 - MCB - 6100 moulded in the seat pan.

'' the thinnest part of the riders half is near enough 50mm thick,on the standard seat its near enough 80mm thick.

Hope this helps ya''

EDIT just checked part numbers they are identical on both seat pans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt reply T ALP. Please point me towards that other post if there's any additional info' in there.
My seat appears to be the low one, but was hoping it wasn't as I find this still a bit high. Don't really want to lower the bike by other means, is your customisation aimed at reducing the foam thickness on the low seat?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply T ALP. Please point me towards that other post if there's any additional info' in there.
My seat appears to be the low one, but was hoping it wasn't as I find this still a bit high. Don't really want to lower the bike by other means, is your customisation aimed at reducing the foam thickness on the low seat?
If you do a search on this site there are a few threads about seat/height, nothing more usfull really on the thread I mentioned. I'me at the other end of the scale (tall long legs) I picked up the additional seat to have it built up flat, which I should have done years ago :) I would imagine if the low seat is still a little too high your best way to go would be to lower the bike on the suspension, you obviously can get the low seat made even lower but I would imagine there will be little comfort left, think it might be a problem finding the right density seat foam when its going to be so thin. Have a word with a customiser I used Tony Archer in huddersfield he's good at his job :D hope you can sort it to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Paul, I have 30" inside leg measurement so struggle slightly with taller bikes. I fitted a low seat to a previous 650 and found it made things worse - the flatter profile forced my legs further apart, therefore making it more difficult to reach the ground - the opposite of what I needed. The edges of the seat, resulting from the reduced padding, also made it rather uncomfortable. I used it for one day of commuting and that was it - back to the standard seat.

Try reducing the rear preload to minimum and pulling the forks 15mm up through the yolks - that works for me and doesn't adversely affect how the bike rides. Although I've yet to do the latter on my current 650 as it's not too bad once you get used to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts