·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lutin

Thanks - I've lent my manual to Modeck, and would be interesting to know how his V-Y (00) 'Alp differs from my V-3 (03), if at all.
I thought the 650 'Alps was pretty uniform apart from cosmetic changes - or was there a technical change around V-4 (04)?

Joe

·
Registered
251 Posts
... introduce hazard flashers...permanently on headlight.

Of course - I forgot about those.

Glad mine doesn't have them: a mate with a Tiger 1050 has bother from time to time because if the bike sits for a couple of weeks the battery doesn't have enough "ooomph" to turn the engine over with all the lights on...after the pre-flight checks the CPU goes thru before he's allowed to hit the button!

Joe

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Lutin

Thanks - I've lent my manual to Modeck, and would be interesting to know how his V-Y (00) 'Alp differs from my V-3 (03), if at all.
I thought the 650 'Alps was pretty uniform apart from cosmetic changes - or was there a technical change around V-4 (04)?

Joe
As far as I can tell, going by a check of the circuit diagrams, 2004 was when the ignition switch and left handle bar switch cluster were changed to introduce hazard flashers. Oh, and maybe the permanently on headlight as well.
Wansn't there something brought up a while ago, where the earlier models wouldn't turn over with the kill switch 'off' whereas the later models would turn over & just not start (or vice versa)?

Phil

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wansn't there something brought up a while ago, where the earlier models wouldn't turn over with the kill switch 'off' whereas the later models would turn over & just not start (or vice versa)?

Phil

Spot on Phil, I'd forgotten this.

On 2004 on models, the Kill Switch just isolates the Coils and the CDI unit, so the engine will turn over on the starter quite happily but will not fire.

On earlier models, the starter solenoid is also isolated, so the bike will not turn over if the Kill Switch is on.

Has caused some confusion in the past, of which I am completely innocent..... :happy7:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybye someone still have a transalp 650 (2005) manual and could send it to me. In fact I need only correct wiring diagram.
The link above is not active.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts