Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wanted to say hello and ask a few questions about my latest edition.
I bought this used with 27000 miles as it looked very clean and I'd heard so many good things.
I have a couple of questions however that may be silly ones but hey ho lol

1/ on my left side panel there's a hole that looks like it's to soften/harden the suspension. Is there a special tool for this or how do I adjust it...also will this lessen the amount of sag as I sit down?
2/ It still has the original exhaust, is it worth changing it and getting a slip on can for power and to be heard or better economy or am I better sticking with the original.
3/ I seem to use a lot of fuel what MPG should I be looking for? My other bikes a 1200 Bandit and I'm not seeing much difference tbh over the last 100 miles

Lastly where is the best place to get a tall touring screen (presumably the taller the better as I'm 6' 1) without breaking the bank.
Thanks in advance 馃憤

Registered
Greetings

Try downloading the PDF manual / or get a hard copy of the Haynes manual.

Usually exhaust is replaced due to rotting - good SS exhaust & link pipe can be had from Delkevic. No massive power gains to be had but it does come with a removeable baffle to allow a nice unoffensive burble.

Tank range with mine is 150 miles potting around town - or getting onto close to 200 on open road.

Screen wise - you might have to do trial & error to find a screen / helmet / earplug combo that works with you and the speed you do.

I got a MRA screen (5' 10")

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

That's the old girl, parts I want are 2" bar risers, tall screen and replacement pegs as OEM are very unattractive, big and can be slippy (are all pegs universal fittings?).

Registered
1/ on my left side panel there's a hole that looks like it's to soften/harden the suspension. Is there a special tool for this or how do I adjust it...also will this lessen the amount of sag as I sit down?

it adjusts the "compression adjuster" for the rear shock. you just need a screwdriver.

turn clockwise for "hard" and anti-clockwise for "soft". thats what the label on mine says

see these.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts