Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread on here not so long ago about adding additional rear lighting to make our bikes stand out better in traffic. I though, 'Good plan peeps, I've a got a rig of red LEDs lying about from when i road registered my CRF and replaced its rear 4LED light with an 8LED rear/brake one.'
So i went to have a gander to see how/where it could be mounted, 'Suprised I was!'
On the rear of rear luggage/pillion rail there are two holes 65mm apart (who knows what they are for- maybe this)- This distance between the holes is exactly the same as the two mounting holes on a 2008 (probably earlier ones too) crf250x rear light.
So instead of having to muck about making a bracket i can literally alan-key-bolt the light straight on top. The only reason it'll look neat is because i have the Honda back box fixing bracket which will mask it from all direction except from the rear.

Is there any opinions of the best way to wire this in. I am thinking - not affecting other wiring to much due to warranty (for sneaky removal if necessary).
Also- the CRF brake light is obviously going to fit exactly the same. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
it depends on the type of loom if you can run a splitter from the main wires you could plug it in there and remove it if necessary, else have a word with the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts