Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering a XL700 for an extended tour and would like to know how complex it is. Does it have any onboard Diagnostics ?
If not does the service manual give any information on checking individual components ?
Do throttle bodies need balancing ?

e.x The Yam XT range will display status of all the sensors and the Suzuki DL can be put into a service mode with a switch enabling full diagnostics and throttle body sync.

Does anyone have experience of the BikeTech OBD Diagnostic unit ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes, the 700 has on-board diagnostics - indicated by different flashing sequences of the PGM-FI and ABS indicator warning lights. There are also a couple of diagnostic connectors and also ways of testing systems in situ. The Honda Workshop manual gives all the details... part No. 62MFF00

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mandobear ,by the Honda Workshop manual ,witch one do you mean?.
The little thick book given when buying the XL700?.
Or is there meanwhile a real workshop manual available for the XL700 like Hayens (?) with specific info to do maintence yourself.
If so ,i'm very intressed ,howmuch is it and where can i buy one?.

Enjoy

·
Registered
375 Posts
Grey alp, there's a honkin' gert big one - the official Honda Shop manual for the bike, about 2 inches thick. Like the Haynes only much better and handwritten by Honda's own kimono-clad geishas... Part number as in my post above, about £23 as I recall. I ordered mine from my friendly, local independent (non Honda) bike workshop.

PS. I was joking about the geisha bit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mandobear, I'm also interested to buy one,if you please could give me a site that can buy one, because I asked Haynes for XL700V manual ,they reply not intend to printed.
Thanks in advance.:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just go to wherever you get your genuine Honda parts from and order one from there. This is the part No. 62MFF00

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
Just ordered my copy from Lings, £23ish + couple of quid postage, but hoping they'll bundle it up with my other part that I've ordered.:thumbup: Thanks for the heads up Mandobear

·
The psych with the bike
225 Posts
Well the shop manual arrived today. Nice new addition to the bookcase. Makes your average Haynes look like a comic. would suggest it is probably the best 20 and a halfquid you could spend on your bike. sure it will pay for itself in no time. (And for all us grown up sensible type bikers its got lots of pictures:p)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts