Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was taking apart the front headlight assembly today to try and fix an annoying vibrating noise from the instrument cluster cover. When I was taking off the headlight cowls I noticed a few broken clips (which I had noticed before but ignored) and thought, how much does a new one cost - too much is the answer.

While browsing I noticed that the windscreen assy includes a number of parts that I have no idea what they are and aren't fitted to my bike. https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-xl700va-transalp-2008-8-englandabs_model33602/partslist/08R8001.html#.Xy6wBSgzZPa

Does anyone have any idea what parts 3 and 7 are here because I can't work out where they would fit on the bike.

My bike has a givi screen fitted (apparently by an idiot, like most of the other aftermarket parts on this bike) and this is just held in by 4 screws and the 4 expanding rubber grommets which fit into the left and right cowl.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
isn't that the tall screen? if it is, those parts are brackets that enable the screen to sit higher up

eg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are! I was looking through loads of different pictures trying to work it out - it looks like all the windscreens on cmsnl have these parts so I was a bit confused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts