Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I recently bought my first motorcyle, a 2008 transalp 700 and everytime I turn the ignition off the trip meter resets to 0. Trip , trip A and trip B they al reset. Don't know if it's normal or not. Any solutions for it? Also a noob question: how far up in the tank ca I topup with gas? I only topup till the deflector thingy atm :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
that's odd.

i think there must be an internal battery that holds this information. but i have no idea if it's accessible or even replaceable?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine was doing that when i first bought it last year, then when i changed the battery, the trip counters worked !!! when you look into the tank there is a metal sleeve i fill mine to the bottom edge, if i fill it any higher, fuel comes out the overflow tube

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok I see. Thanks for the picture. I never filled it all the way up to that sleeve. Always left about 2cm space up to it. Tank indicator showed full but the first line always went fast. Filled up the same today and did 250 km before the fuel indicator started flashing and filled up again 2cm below that, only 9 liters went in. Nice to know i can get more gas in and have a decent range between fillups. Gonna try a new battery if nobody else can offer a different solution for the trip meter reset.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hope you get the trip counters sorted, i found it very annoying, every time i turned off the ignition, the trip mileage was gone, where about in Romania are you, im in Plovdiv Bulgaria !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the trip meter reset is really annoying but everything else seems to be running fine so it's not the end of the world. I'm from Hunedoara

1 - 7 of 7 Posts