Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just changed my oil, for the first time. What a faff !!! I had to remove the lower fairing, of course, & to do that I had to remove the Givi crash bars !! I also dropped down the rear of the Touratech sump guard which, maybe I could have avoided??
Question is. Has anyone, successfully, modified the lower fairing so that I negates the need to remove it for oil changes. Particularly as I plan to only leave the present oil in for 1000 miles to flush the engine through. !! I do not fancy having to remove all that lot every oil change. !!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
you should not have to remove the fairing to change the oil on a TA700

you just remove the sump guard/belly pan

this silver plastic bit

1.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda refer to that as the "Lower Fairing ". That's what I want to modify to avoid future removal for oil changes. Any one successfully modified that please ???

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's only 4 or 5 bolts in a couple of minutes to remove (but then you also have aftermarket bars etc added) - otherwise it's your bike to use a hacksaw on to remove sections that impede access to oil bolt and filter or leave off lower fairing / bars entirely if maintenance access/time is more important than protection.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Wickey. Maintenance time is not more important than protection, as you so delightfully put it but it is a consideration as I have limited use of my right hand which makes the replacement of the lower fairing & Givi crash bars a major task. (You try doing a days maintenance with your right hand tied behind your back !! ). I still wonder if anyone has ever modified the lower fairing. Think how much time it would save even those people with the LUXURY of TWO hands !!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think you would have to cut into the belly pan too deep as the sump is nearly reachable with it on. It should be an easy enough job

1 - 6 of 6 Posts