Honda XRV Forum banner

XLR250- What to look for?

Tags
nex xlr250
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  boyofford 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm more normally seen on the Transalp part of the forum but am currently looking at the idea of getting an XLR250. First off, I'm sorry, I couldn't work out if it should be under the XR or XL, forum went with XR as it seemed more appropriate.

I'm going to look at an XLR250 next weekend, its '91 registered with around 20k km on the clock. What should I be looking at to make sure its alright? Do the XLRs have any known problems, etc? Are parts easy to get hold off and are they cheap/expensive/typical?

I'm not too fussed about looks, I just want a bike which runs and I can do some green laning with. I'm happy to repaints bit myself although probably not up to the highest finish (brush marks anyone?!). Eventually plan to use the Transalp for simple green laning but would like some practice on something a bit lighter and cheaper first!

Also, any ideas on what sort of prices I should be thinking about for the XLR?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.
cpp01

See less See more
#5 ·
I got a 92' reg xlr250 last year, £750, at first all seemed well, but plenty of service needed as it turned out, but hey, used through winter and does twice the mpg compared to the vfr, not to mention the mess the snowy weather would of made to it! anyway....

I may of payed a little much, and have a better look at the bike than I did:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.