Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's me now until January 2nd, and when I go back I'm officially with a new employer. It's the same job doing the same thing but I was contracted in before but the firm is taking me on, more holidays, a pay rise, better rate of sick pay (although I've not taken a sick day in the 8 years I've been there), pension scheme etc etc...

So, a new year, a new uniform and new ish start... Things ar elooking good :)

p.s. Congrats to Jim on his promotion (couldn't comment on FB but have sent friend request, he'll probably ignore me :D)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Congrats to you Craig

Have a good one

I'm off now too till the 2nd

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'm pleased for you bro'. Hopefully another eight years of security. :)

Eight years is a long time with only one uniform ! I bet it won't even iron now will it ? :(

(don't forget to ask for one you can grow into. :thumbup:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats Craig,

Exactly the same thing happened to me with my current job,
It's a good feeling and the benefits of being employed (getting paid every month, instead of the occasional week where something goes wrong and your invoice gets lost) far outweigh the benefits of being contract (paying almost no tax)

I'm back 2nd as well (but the schools I work in arn't back till the 7th, going to be a quiet couple of days)

:)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Axe

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats to you Craig

Have a good one

I'm off now too till the 2nd
Thanks Paul, hope you have a good one :thumbright:

Eight years is a long time with only one uniform ! I bet it won't even iron now will it ? :sad:

(don't forget to ask for one you can grow into. :thumbup:)
Haha loking a bit faded Nick :D and I already ordered a 20" collar as my current 19" are a bit tight :D

Congrats Craig,

Exactly the same thing happened to me with my current job,
It's a good feeling and the benefits of being employed (getting paid every month, instead of the occasional week where something goes wrong and your invoice gets lost) far outweigh the benefits of being contract (paying almost no tax)

I'm back 2nd as well (but the schools I work in arn't back till the 7th, going to be a quiet couple of days)

:)

Merry Christmas everyone.

Axe
Cheers m8, it's a bit better security (no pun intended) and stability, and in these times we live in now I count myself lucky!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Congratulations to you, it's always good to hear when good things happen to good people sadly we don't hear good things very often anymore

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Congratulations to you, it's always good to hear when good things happen to good people sadly we don't hear good things very often anymore
Ditto, good for you have a great break and Christmas

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I have not ignored you on FB mate!

Congrats mate. Good times for us both, oh thanks for the congrats! All's good!
I started with gleaners as a service engineer five and a half yrs ago, last yr I made senior engineer and this yr my manager decided to retire and the position was offered to me so,,,, well,,, here we are,,,, I'm now manager for the maintenance dept for Gleaner oil & gas for Scotland!

Happy days mate, I feel a new bike and Landrover in the pipeline! LOL! Hope to see you soon in the spring mate.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well done guys,

A good start to the New Year :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice one Chaps,
Good to have some job security in these lean times, well done & all the best for the future have a fab New Year !

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good news to the both of you. Im sure well deserved.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Agree totally Craig, we need to celebrate! I had a couple of drams after my tea last night but was going to whoop it up tonight as I'm off tomorrow,,,,, well,,,, I'm so rock & roll, Fiona and me settled down to a nice pot of tea tonight! LOL! Must be gettin old! (I'll soon be as old as Steve T!) Does that mean I'll stop drinking all together? LOL! :(
There's not a bike out there that could fill the boots of the Crosstourer, it really is a mighty bike!! But,,, I am looking for a runaround to keep the miles off the CT! (Either a Honda NC700X or the BMW Sertao) but we'll see what the summer brings!
Glad things are going well for you Craig, we all need a bit of luck now and again. Take care mate.

Reactions: winxp-master

·
Hill Rider
3,111 Posts
Must be gettin old! (I'll soon be as old as Steve T!)
OOOY sprog, less of the OLD. Well matured, if you please (well, matured anyway) :rolleyes: :D

Well done to both you & Craig.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Wow. How nice to be celebrating good news, and well deserved congratulations in order for Craig, Axe and Jim. Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas secure in the knowledge that you have a more secure job to return to. Well done all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts