Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to resurect an '85 xr 250 (twin carb RFVC) and whilst I have every confidence the answer will be 'no' I'll ask anyway. The top end of my motor is damaged, cam snapped, snapped exhaust valve, (repairable) head damage, worn rockers. Does anyone have/know the wherabouts of, secondhand usable top end, parts or all of, before I go to the Honda shop? Or complete motor. either 250, or bigger that I can fit in. (I can make stuff fit) If its bigger, Ill need the lot, carbs electrics etc.
Ta muchly
Rick

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, This is just a last check round before I go but the new parts. Ive checked out prices for my parts at Honda, who are in many cases cheaper than David S, and every time Ive looked on e bay, there is no engine stuff worth having. (not a fan of ebay, got ripped off on a hi-jacked page some time ago and ebay werent interested so Id rather spend money in shops, or where I can see what Im getting) have recently found a couple of dirt bike breakers no and left messages, but nothing back yet.

Thanks again
R

·
2,701 Posts
Hi,
I am trying to resurect an '85 xr 250 (twin carb RFVC) and whilst I have every confidence the answer will be 'no' I'll ask anyway. The top end of my motor is damaged, cam snapped, snapped exhaust valve, (repairable) head damage, worn rockers. Does anyone have/know the wherabouts of, secondhand usable top end, parts or all of, before I go to the Honda shop? Or complete motor. either 250, or bigger that I can fit in. (I can make stuff fit) If its bigger, Ill need the lot, carbs electrics etc.
Ta muchly
Rick
Three word's spring to mind; . . . 'rocking horse sh*t'.:rolleyes::(

On a more positive note, american e-bay have new cam's, valves, rockers etc listed frequently and at good prices (obviously not honda oem).

The honda cb250rs motor goes in.

Take care it does'nt turn into a money pit.

Do some searches on here, as someone rebuilt one recently and had various bits left over. sorry i can't remember who it was.

Oh, . . . . and welcome to the forum.:thumbup:

ps.
link; http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=honda+xr250r+valves&_sacat=10063&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_odkw=honda+xr250r&_osacat=10063

1 - 5 of 5 Posts