Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
Just wondering if there's anybody out there that has replaced the main crank bearings for a normal, off the shelf sized replacement using some kind of sleeve to reduce the O.D. or, found the standard bearing from an aftermarket supplier? I'm being quoted over £100 for the pair from Honda? Is this the going rate?
Does anybody know the technical data spec of the original? The size is 30x76x17.5, with a C3 tolerance, but what are the load ratings etc?

Cheers for your help,
Ian

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Morning,
Just wondering if there's anybody out there that has replaced the main crank bearings for a normal, off the shelf sized replacement using some kind of sleeve to reduce the O.D. or, found the standard bearing from an aftermarket supplier? I'm being quoted over £100 for the pair from Honda? Is this the going rate?
Does anybody know the technical data spec of the original? The size is 30x76x17.5, with a C3 tolerance, but what are the load ratings etc?

Cheers for your help,
Ian

I did mine last year get them from david silver on a 3-4 week wait. They never take that long to turn up but you'll get them alot cheaper as he does 2 prices for everything. Next day price is the same as any Honda dealer, the 3-4 week price can be up to 50% cheaper. All parts are genuine Honda parts. Don't fanny about trying to bush and sleeve things The boffins at honda's design crew calculated this is the size needed for the load and torque travelling through the crank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did mine last year get them from david silver on a 3-4 week wait. They never take that long to turn up but you'll get them alot cheaper as he does 2 prices for everything. Next day price is the same as any Honda dealer, the 3-4 week price can be up to 50% cheaper. All parts are genuine Honda parts. Don't fanny about trying to bush and sleeve things The boffins at honda's design crew calculated this is the size needed for the load and torque travelling through the crank

I've just tried Dave Silver, they quoted in £42 +vat per bearing, didn't offer any other price with a longer wait?
Is there a special code word???

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I've just tried Dave Silver, they quoted in £42 +vat per bearing, didn't offer any other price with a longer wait?
Is there a special code word???

1 pair of bearings on 4 week wait £63.18 last year when i rebuilt mine (just pulled the bill out). Just ask for the 4week delivery

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 pair of bearings on 4 week wait £63.18 last year when i rebuilt mine (just pulled the bill out). Just ask for the 4week delivery

Just tried dave silver again, £105.77 for the pair from honda or £81.02 with a 2 1/2 week wait.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Just tried dave silver again, £105.77 for the pair from honda or £81.02 with a 2 1/2 week wait.

Cheers and thanks for your help.
the 2 1/2 week wait are still genuine honda bearings he gets them from Honda Belgium i believe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts